TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's happened to me in the last few days. Started feeling really tired and drained on sat nite, so went home and went to bed. Woke up on sunday morning really early, wide awake, but my legs were 'feeling light and floaty' as if they weren't there at all. I know this sounds weird, but i couldn't stand up unaided for any more than 1 min on sunday. I had no energy to do anything. :( Monday wasn't much better, but could walk a little by myself. Its now tuesday, and after taking 2 days off work am feeling much better - can do most things around the house today without total exhaustion. Legs still feel a little light and 'floaty', as if they're not quite there at times. Not really had this feeling before. It coinsides with my period (which is getting the blame for this) but just curious if anyone else has experienced this or similar, or am i a total freak??? :D

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Alison,

You are not a freak. Sounds like you are in a flare. Your cycle is probably making things a little worse than they would have been. In regards to the floaty feeling did you notice any numbness or tingling? When is your next appointment with your doctor? I would definitely let the doctor know what happened. You need to ease back into your routine or you might find yourself right back where you started.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Alison,

Rest assured you are not alone. I used to get this before the Plaquinel really kicked in. There was a thread about it at the time (about 2 years ago) and I remember one member called it her 'Noodle legs'. For me that summed it up perfectly.

I agree with Lazylegs, you should let your doctor know and get some bloods taken. It does sound like you are flaring. Take it easy and don't try to do too much.

Let us know how you get on.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
since I am make I cannot blame the leg problem on period :) but I did have one severe incident of this (blamed on allergy) when I got out of bed and felt as though I had no legs at all. Needless to say I fell down. Not pleasant at all.
Douglas+

·
Jen
407 Posts
Hello,

I've had significant leg weakness that is progressively getting worse. My legs sometimes start out strong but quickly weaken to the point where I have to rest and it gets worse as the day goes on. I also get this to a lesser extent in my arms.

My rheumy doesn't know what specifically is causing it and the neuro docs say it is just the lupus. Several tests have been run which seem OK such as muscle enzymes so who knows.

I actually have a cane now for when it gets bad.

I hope your issues resolve soon and like others said be sure to let your doc know about it.

Take care, Jen

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your advice and reassurance. At least i know I'm not alone!!!! :) I'm going to docs on Monday so i'll tell them all about it, am totally prepared for the response of 'Yeah, you might find that - it's one of the symptoms we can't do anything about' :( but at least i'll have told them
Thanks again
xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts