The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, its me, i'm getting this really weak feeling again in my legs, more so on the right one, i cant explain it, its like the right one doesnt want to pick up, not with me, i am willing it but its dragging, do you get this?

did have this weakness in 05/ but was feeling rough last week couldnt walk hardly so stayed in bed.hubby had to cut my food up, my muscles were hurting all over. just dont get it......

not like me to have to get the stick back out. do you think this is just a little blip?

thanks always Lin xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Lin,

Just curious, do you have myositis? In the past, before I knew I had lupus and used to spend days on end sunning myself on the beach I'd get that exact feeling for several days after. In some cases, I was actually unable to drive myself home because I could not lift my foot to drive or use the gas/brake pedals. My legs and arms were completely useless!

Later, after diagnosis I had a myositis flare up and learned that's what had ailed me in the past. You might just want to ask your doc to run some bloods, just to be sure your lupus is not flaring...this way you can get on top of it quickly!

Hope you are feeling better soon,
Sharon

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Lin,

That is always the million dollar question. Not even your rheumy could answer that with 100% confidence. The dragging is worth calling your rheumy about though.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,410 Posts
(((Lin)))

Sending some cyber hugs your way.:hug::hug:

I hope and pray that your rhumey can help you.

Take care,
:love:
Lyn

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hugs and kisses for you Lin,
:hug: :kiss:

Sure hope you get that taken care of. Do you suppose that is called foot drop? I've heard that expression, but never knew exactly what it was.

Like Sharon, the sun brings on muscle weakness in me...but I haven't been diagnosed with myositis.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you are.

Love, Pollyanna :love2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello,

Yes, it is definitely worth mentioning to the rheumy.

It also makes me think of myositis when you say that your muscles hurt all over as well as being weak.

It could also have some neuro origin so definitely needs mentioning, you may be able to get some relief for it.

I'm sorry you're feeling so rought right now and these things are worrying,
sending plenty of hugs to you :hug:,
Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Lin
I am sorry to hear about this and hope you can be helped with it very soon. Do you have APS? I can't recall.

Many gentle hugs

Clare

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clare no, they do keep testing it, i am on plavix. as i had what they said a TIA.

I did tell me rheumy about this weakness going up stairs and getting out of a chair early on this month...... she examind me and said something about my bursa. and going to get me some physio.
i did try to tell her, it gets worse from late morning on, but this last week, its really been bad
and as for getting stuck in bath and getting out of the chair, useing stick now and again, well i havnt used that for long time.

just dont get it,but yesterday the right leg was dragging, same when going up stairs, i have to start with the left as there is a bit more use in that one.

thanks girls anyway for info, will have to get back to them
if it carries on,

Luv Lin xxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts