TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been feeling so rough the last few days. The weather has been really crazy lately.:( I woke up hurting so bad this morning. I don't have to listen to the radio or tv to tell what the weather is going to be like.

On May 25 around 5 pm Iowa had one of its worst tornado in 32 years. It was a EF5 tornado, one of the strongest one there is. It leveled half of a town, Parkersburg, and killed 7 people.:(
I live like an hours drive from that town.My heart goes out to all the people over there.

Tonight's weather could be as bad as Sunday's was.:( They are forecasting strong damaging winds, hail and maybe a tornado. I hope this weather straightens up soon. With having a tornado this week it puts everybody on edge. It has been thundering and raining all day. So far we have already had 2 inches of rain with more to come.

It has been a pain pill day for me.

Thank you for letting me and my body whine.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Lyn)))))),

You vent away! That weather sounds really scary. I'm a big woos and frightened of thunder and lightning whereas my hubby has a fascination for weather and would love to go storm chasing. :eek:

The reality hits home when towns are destoryed and there is loss of life. I hope you have somewhere safe to go if there a tornado.

Batten down the hatches and hope it passes (along with your pain) very soon.

Lots'a'luv, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Many Hugs Lyn :hugbetter: :hugbetter:

Im sorry you are in such pain and very saddened to hear about that loss of life from the tornado. It makes me appreciate our climate so much more.

I hope to goodness you keep safe and well during this weekend:worried: Please let us know how you are

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Lyn -

Please keep yourself safe! My parents live in Waterloo, and are keenly aware of how easily it could have been their town that got the tornado.

I hope you feel better once the weather system passes.

Terri

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Lyn

I am so sorry you are hurting (((((hugs))))so much.I do know what you mean about this weather making us hurt even more then we already were.i woke up this morning and last night hurting from this silly weather to but i am more worried about your storm you are having because your rain and storms are coming this way also:worried:.I live in a double wide modular home and with no basement it is real scarey here to.I sure hope for both of us that this weather gets better real soon.The weather everywhere has been real scarey really.Well take care of yourself and your family to.((((hugs)))My prayers are with you and your famiily to.

Tammy

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sorry to hear that the weather is causing you trouble.
The constant ups and downs in temps have been real bad on people.
We do not seem to be able to settle in to one type of weather and get adjusted to it.

Our weather here in Ohio has been bad but I always watch Illinois, Mo and Iowa weather because of family in the areas.
It has been real bad this past year and does not seem to want to improve anytime soon.

Stay safe and keep an ear to the weather radio.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Lyn,:hug:
I am so sorry about your body reacting to the weather changes. I am really sorry to hear about such awful weather you are having. Please be very safe and just remember to take care of you and your body!
I too am a big scaredy cat of thunder, lightening and wind storms, cant even imagine what to do in a tornadoe.:eek:
Just know we are here for you!:)
I have to say the weather has been wacky here in the states. We got snow and hail last week:hehe:

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
594 Posts
HI again Lyn,
:there: :grouphug2:
I'm not sure about the weather but we've had wind and rain here and i've been really awful, the last few days. But then i get bad when its sunny too, whats a girl to do eh!!!
I hope you and daughter got through the night ok last night was thinking of you.
Hope you feel better soon

Cassie

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would log in and tell you all we are all safe. It was scarey here last night. Our area was in a tornado warning.:eek: I got my daughter to the closet and had everything ready to get in. Like I had my cell phone, flashlights and shoes on.

Thankfully they canceled that warning. I was shaking and very stressed out.

Just when we were going to go to bed we were in a serve thunderstorm warning. That means we could of had heavy rains, damaging winds (60 mph)and hail.

We ended up getting 4.24 inches of rain total yesterday. Still hurting today.

Thank you for all your support and concern.:grouphug2: You are the best.:)

I thought I would post a link about that tornado, the winds in that was 205 mph:eek:

http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2008/05/28/news/local/doc483cdafe156ef395828083.txt

Take care everyone.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((((((Lyn))))))))))))) I can't imagine going through something like that :eek: I hope you manage to stay safe and I really sympathise what that sort of weather must be doing to your Lupus!

Take care we will be thinking of you and yours :hugbetter:

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lyn,

Dear friend, I am so sorry to read, that your suffering in body and spirit, with the loss of life, so near to you.

It would be very difficult, to see all the damage up close and realise, it caused such loss for so many.

Your heart is hurting, and your body is hurting. Climate, change..is hard and this year, has been even harder on many.

I hope you feel better soon, Lyn.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
:hug:Lyn,
I am so sorry for the state of Iowa, but I am glaD YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES ARE SAFE and SOUND!!!!!!!
How is the body feeling? What a traumatic event to go through-I hope the stress doesn't upset everything.

Keep us posted!!!!

Love,
Becca:)

·
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for your kind replies.:grouphug2:

I am feeling some what better. The weather is straightening up for a few days. It was a beautiful day today.:sunny:

I like your way of getting even Tom.:wink2:

:love:
Lyn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts