The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi has anyone come across heavey weight on your arm, at times my arm feels so heavey and weak that I struggle to move it my arm just flops i have to hold it with my other hand to support it. Hard to explain it feels like it's so heavey the it will become swollen any idea.

·
4,445 Posts
Certainly understand the weakness, floppy arm and having to physically hold with my other hand... one of the first symptoms for me, particularly bad when trying to turn over at night... used to distress me to have to physically move it, felt really scarey! It has got alot better now with the meds but still gets like it from time to time...like last night as I have overdone it a bit lately,wakes me up alot. Hands got swollen but not my actual arm, though it feels like it! Hope that makes you feel a little less alone! Take care
Claire X
ps also happened in the day alot, struggled to pick up a glass without support or reach up to a cupboard and pick something out without supporting with the other arm..a real pain in the....arm!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Naz,

I think the weakness is not that uncommon. Of course if it's accompanied by numbness and/or pins/needles then it needs to be assessed. Likewise with swelling I'd imagine, I think I would be going to the doc with that, it doesn't sound like anything I've had in the past.

I hope they can work it out for you, but I do urge you to get it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry ((((Naz)))

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i now and again get my right arm and leg go very heavy like iron, and its weak too, i get pins and neeles , like the cirulations not pupping right, have to keep rubbing it, but i have reported it to dr's. ieven thought traped nerve but neuro said no
with me its the leg that goes more and draggs . strange hey,

hope you get to the bottom of it Lin xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.