The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if anyone else has run into this. The only thing I could come up with is that my feet were swollen and pressed against my sandals - harder on my left foot - and came up with this bruising. But it seems really strange that would happen from swelling. I've swollen up so bad it hurt and haven't seen this before. It goes along the toes where they join the foot as well.

PS - I know my foot looks dirty but its not. I shower every morning and was very careful this morning to was my foot well, because at first I thought it was dirt.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
HI Jirel,

It is certainly obvious and unusual - do you have pain with it?

This is only a guess, but I wonder if you've not had a largish vein burst somewhere deep in the foot that is now leaking the blood to the surface?
It almost looks like the kind of bruising that happens after surgery. Also your foot looks quite swollen - is this normal for you?

I think it warrants being seen by a doctor.

Let us know what you find out:)

X C X

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was wondering about a doctor. I've had some swelling normally, but its still swollen this morning and the right one isn't much. I'm off work today as I woke up at 4am and didn't get back to sleep. I think I'll call the GP around 10. I just didn't want to do it because I was being a hypocondriac.

Thanks for helping out. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called the doctor, he didn't call back. *shrug* Oh well.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Jirel,

That foot does not look too good... And I think you should go to the Emergency room as soon as you can... You do not want to take chances... The swelling looks very bad ....
We are not doctors so we can't diagnose what it is... But I think you should be seen by a doctor ...
Please let us know what happens....
You take good care of yourself

Love Penny

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I went to the doctor's office this afternoon. He said every time he tried to call me yesterday my phone was busy. I was on the phone once in the afternoon but that's all I remember. Anyway, he thinks I may have broken a bone in my toe or my foot. I'm going in for xrays tomorrow. It doesn't hurt. At first I couldn't remember doing anything but on the way home I remember kicking a 4 inch clay pot on Saturday. It didn't hurt and the pot didn't break so I didn't think about it again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you have neuropathy in your feet

The reason I asked is I have neuropathy in my feet and the first thing I was going to say was a possible broken bone in the foot. I stump my toes around my house so much and have seen 7 broken toes in the past 6 years. :rotfl: It's not funny but after you stump your toes so much and break them as much as I have it does get funny. I can't feel my feet half the time and any wrong move and there is a broken toe or bone. So I truely feel for you. Half the time when I break a bone it hurts at first then the pain eases up and a day or two later the big black bruise appears. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LBH - I have started getting nerve pain just about all over my body. I noticed it most in my feet, then they put me on Lyrica and it's stopping most of the pain. The rheumy thought the pain was caused more by excessive swelling from water retention than from Diabetes as I've only had it for about 6 years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Jirel

Do you get numb and tingly sensations also? Ohh that puts a bug in my rear! They diagnosed me with neuropathy back in 1993 and I have had it ever since. Been contraversary whether the neuropathy was Lupus related or MS related. Yep! I mimic MS but do have Lupus indeed. I get the rash, joint pain, mouth ulcers, nose sores. All that happy horse manure! But I hate that numb and tingly mess! I get the carpul tunnel syndrome also. I have fibromyalgia too which is hard to determine if the nerve damage is acting up or fibro. The very first time I broke a toe it looked just like yours. Then I kept bumping my toes alot but it's because I have alot of balance problems now. That foot of your's looks pretty darn painful too. Looks like a break to me! I feel for you right now. Just by experience of having the same type o situation but your's might be due to something else. But I feel for ya! One thing I have learned having my illness is having to be strong. But I will post about that one another time! Wishing you well and it is very nice meeting you!:)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi LBH, I know it looks painful but I don't feel anything. The right foot is more painful right now because the skin is being rubbed by my shoes because its always swollen. I haven't noticed any tingling sensations, just the stabbing pain I started having in my toes. I HAVE had the feeling of insects crawing on me on my arms and once or twice my legs. But no tingling. I haven't noticed any numbness either.

Its been nice talking to you too. :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
goodness, that is strange looking bruising. Good luck with the xrays, let us know how you get on with it.

raglet

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LBH - I'm blaming YOU! :rotfl:
I woke up this morning with numbness all down my right arm into my little finger. At first I thought I had just slept on it wrong but the numbness lasted for over and hour so I decided it was neuropathy. The numbness down the arm has finally stoped but the little finger still feels "off". I have a patch of complete numbness in about the middle of the finger tip. And right after YOU talked about it. :lol:
:hehe:
Hope I put enough smilies in you know I'm kidding about blaming you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well after I posted to you I went into a flare

:rotfl: You have me laughing because right after I talked about it, I went into a nasty lupus flare yesterday and we have a heat wave here in my area with bad humidity and last night I was numb and tingly all over like you but I am eat up with neuropathy. Ohh it drives me nuts having nerve damage. When I first got diagnosed with it, only had it in my legs and mildly in my arms. Now i have it pretty bad in both legs and arms. I get hot burning sensations too like my feet are on fire. My arms get it too. Hope you feel better soon and did you find out if it was broken? Wishing you a much better day today!:)

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Jirel,

I am so glad you went to the doctors... I hope they find out what the problem is... Please let us know...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Currently still waiting to hear the xray results, I guess no news is good news.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I had to call the Xray department myself. "It takes 24 hours from when they first call....", I complained and the next thing I hear is "What's the fax number?" And then "I'm faxing it right now." What the heck was this 24 hours about. We can make you wait so we will???

Anyway, the doctor says everything is fine except for some heel spurs that I already knew about. So - NO CAST! Yea!!!!!

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Thats great news about the cast but what strange bruising to have. I hope it clears up for you and doesnt come back.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would get that looked at...Do you have diabities also? Your toes looks bruised too is it?
I think other than the concern for the bruise is how swollen your foot and ankles are, I would get it checked out if you can and also make sure they check you for diabities. ( I always spell that wrong sorry)
Good Luck:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts