TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone it has been a while for me since i have posted but i have developed this weird bump on the undre side of my palm on the middle finger first joint from the finger tip. have done some reasearch and it sounds like a ganglion cyst it does not look like my rh nodules any advice?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
:lol:
I can tell you what one MD told me about my first ganglion cyst. I came in to see him quite worried at this weird round thing that had suddenly sprouted. He looked at it and said, "Well, you could do what used to be done: hit it with a Bible!" Appaently this was the superstitious cure. One could hit it with a hammer too but that might have other side effects.:)
He simply crushed it and said it was really nothing. Since then I have had perhaps a dozen and they are - thank God! - unimportant. I just grow things.
Now could someone please hit my SLE with a Bible?"
Douglas+

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Now could someone please hit my SLE with a Bible?"
That would have to be one hefty bible Douglas :lol:

love
Lily

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Douglas is right my daughter has one on her wrist and they told her the same thing. You would think that with the advances in medicine they could come up with a better treatment. Well, all I can say is see a doctor and if they tell you to hit it with a book that is what it is. lol
Tammy

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
My husband had one a couple years ago. A good fall hands first down some stadium stairs took care of his :eek:

Take care,
Breanne

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
There are other possibilities, most are not serious. My father had a growth in that spot for many years, and when he had surgery for his trigger finger they removed that too. Turned out to be a giant cell tumor. Still nothing serious but my mom thought he had made up the pathology result until she looked it up on the internet. :)

If it bothers you then definitely get in to a doctor sooner, but the usual approach is wait and see and watch it --- until or unless it causes a lot of pain or interferes too much with movement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive got one on my knee! see your GP - mine put me on the list for minor ops and im having it removed under a local anaesthetic next month : )

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yup! I have those cysts too. I have one on my wrist and one in my ankle. I "pop" them every once in awhile when I have nothing better to do. They pop but mine return. My neice had one removed from her wrist and it came back.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Bumps come and go?

Did this bump appear overnight and is it hanging around? I get these several nights a week, but they disappear by next am and reappear in different places the next time they appear. Sometimes I have 4 or 5 at a time in different places on my fingers. My doctor hasn't even seen them before since they are only present at night when my symtoms are worse.

If your bump hangs around, I probably am experiencing something different. I'll be following this thread to see what everyone has to say.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts