The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My legs have been bothering me & getting worse for the past few months. Some days I would be in tears but I am also not producing tears for some reason. I go to the eye dr. on Monday. Instead of tears, my teeth chatter & I get the shakes.
The pain started in my left leg so I didn't think much of it bacause I have a bad left hip. I have recently found out that I have a birth defect in my spine that has caused my femoral head to become flat instead of round. Since I have an "inflammatory condition" (rheumy is thinking lupus but my ana was negative), it's like I have chronic bursitis in my left hip.
The pain started out as an ache with shocking, stabbing, throbbing sensations down the left side. Kinda like after a Charlie horse. Or like shin splints in the side of my calf not on my shin. It's not a muscular pain. I would know. I used to teach step class & kick boxing.
The pain kept me up that 1st night. I rested the entire next day with no pain let up. I took a Trazadone, perscribed to me for sleep, that night & woke up the next day with no pain. Well now my left leg hurts all the time & my right leg hurts sometimes too.
Sunday I couldn't even go to church. The Sunday before I had the shocking, stabbing, throbbing pain from my left knee to the tip of my pinky toe. When I stood I was better. I have bone pain in my right arm similar to this pain.
My left legs hurt all the time. 24/7. I have been taking percocet & loratabs to get through the day. It does not matter what I do. Rest does not help. My butt hurts to, where my hip joint is. I see the rheumy the 28th. I told her about this when I saw her on 12/17, which was my 1st visit. I don't think she was listening to me. This pain has taken over any of my other pains & worries.
I guess what I am getting to, is there anyone else with these weird pains in their legs? What do you do about them? I do not want to get addicted to pain killers. They don't even do that great of a job. Oh, now the back of my thigh on my left leg hurts all the time. It's a muscular pain.
Thanks for any advice. Have a great weekend!
Jen
P.S: When I have an itch & scratch it, my skin hurts terribly. The pain radiates. What's up with that?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Jen, I don't remember if you have been dx with anything, so please forgive me. ( it's hard enough to remember what day it is ) But all the pains that you described, and how you described them, they all sound like you have Fibro. Have you ever been checked for it? Either way, it will be a Rheumy that would dx Fibro also. The main meds that I remember for fibro, most were to help you sleep, an antidepressant, and they would try pain meds, but only to a certain extent. I don't know if this has helped you, but I don't have any other ideas. Just keep telling your Rheumy that you cannot take the level of pain, don't mention any labels, and tell her that you can't keep going on like this without help of some kind. (((hugs)):wink2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fibro

The rheumy did check me for fibro. She's checked me for FM, CFS, Lyme disease, & Lupus. A neuro did a MRI to look for MS. I had a nerve conduction study on my left leg due to the pain I have from my hip. That was back in May. Before my new ortho did the MRI of my left hip & found the birth defect in my spine. This new leg pain started a few months ago getting worse as the days pass.
Right now my rheumy is watching me. I have been labled with "an inflammatory condition." Along with everything else, Cymbalta has about taken away my chronic headaches, that were hand-in-hand with severe eye pain & weird skin sensations on my face mainly. Like cold water feel like ice & warm water feels like fire. Yaz has controlled my endo & cysts. I have mitral valve regergitation which does bother me somedays. I also have IBS-C. I take the Trazadone because I don't fall into a hard sleep.
No one knows what is wrong with me. The Celebrex no longer works for my joint pain. 8 Advils a day are no way to live. I don't want a dx as much as I want to get the right care.
Thanks for your reply! Have a blessed & wonderful & pain free weekend!
Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts