The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a really weird lesion on my leg. I was sat at my desk yesterday and had this sharp needle like pain in my thigh. I went to the loo and noticed a really painful lesion had appeared - quite raised and angry looking, and significant swelling around it. This morning I woke up to find it bruised. Really odd. I'm off to the docs tomorrow for some tests so I might mention it to the nurse. Anyone had anything similar?

·
11,410 Posts
Hi,

I haven't had anything like that. I wanted to tell you to make sure you tell your nurse and doctor tomorrow.

New symptoms need to be reported to the doctor.

Please let us know how your appointment goes.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just showed it to the nurse and she didn't like the look of it. I also have some more lesions on my sides and she didn't like the look of those either! She's told me to come back and see a specific doctor in the practice tomorrow - he's a dermatologist so that should be good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
alimonkey;546282 said:
I've got a really weird lesion on my leg. I was sat at my desk yesterday and had this sharp needle like pain in my thigh. I went to the loo and noticed a really painful lesion had appeared - quite raised and angry looking, and significant swelling around it. This morning I woke up to find it bruised. Really odd. I'm off to the docs tomorrow for some tests so I might mention it to the nurse. Anyone had anything similar?
I've had red, swollen/painful lumps on my shins which developed bruising. They took months to go and were diagnosed as Erythema Nodosom.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aggie69;546445 said:
I've had red, swollen/painful lumps on my shins which developed bruising. They took months to go and were diagnosed as Erythema Nodosom.
Thanks Aggie - just googled that and I don't like the look of the pic on wikipedia - the lesion on my thigh looks just like the unbroken lesion on the bottom of the pic. I'll see what the doc says tomorrow. It's so painful - like a shooting pain that feels like it's piercing my bone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythema_nodosum

The lesions elsewhere on my body look different. Just big pink lumps, a bit like hard hives.

·
Registered
198 Posts
alimonkey;546457 said:
Thanks Aggie - just googled that and I don't like the look of the pic on wikipedia - the lesion on my thigh looks just like the unbroken lesion on the bottom of the pic. I'll see what the doc says tomorrow. It's so painful - like a shooting pain that feels like it's piercing my bone.
You're welcome. The bruising symptom just jumped out at me. Mine were extremely tender too. I initially thought it was a problem with my bones! Anyway it's something to mention to you doctor, even if to just cross off the list. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
I do bruise very easily but have not really had leisons with it. I would say something to the nurse and the doctor as you might have something else going on. It maybe nothing but better to ask and it be nothing then to guess at what it is.

I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doc didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about, just a chronic infection of hair folicle. I get this a lot, but not as bad as this, there's a lot of deep tissue damage, bruising and pain. Says to try and leave it alone, but if it doesn't clear up after a few days, he's given me an antibiotic prescription.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.