The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I think I have finally topped some of the crazy loopie things that I've done since lupus has invaded my brain. I have absolutely no recollection of doing this but it is so bizarre that I had to share it.

I know that we have all done things like putting the paper towels in the refrigerator and things like that, but the other day my son and husband looked all over the house for the t.v. remote. I got up and looked too until I was worn out. I even had hubby go outside and look in the trash for it. It was not to be found anywhere. He kept asking me where I had put it as if I was hiding it! I got fed up with the whole looking for it business and told him in no certain terms that he was probably the one who misplaced it and don't bother me with it again!

Well guess where it turned up? In my purse of all places. Needless to say I was a little embarrassed to tell him where it was but I did. I thought about putting it somewhere to make him think he was the one who lost it..:lol:

The list of crazy things I have done just in the last year is both frightening and funny at the same time. I try to laugh at myself because if I didn't it would scare the day lights out of me.

Mary

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Remote

Hi mary i have been up for the past couple of hours cant sleep but i bet that you are not alone in doing things like that i do it almost every day i put things away in safe places but they are that safe because i forget where i have put them i have seen us hunting the whole house for things that i have put away if i was to list all the things i would be here all day it is a good thing that we can laugh about it best wishes elisabeth:) :hehe:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I just found the milk....I put it where the cereal goes and the cereal in the fridge (yesterday when I cleaned up after hubby's breakfast) so now I have to go buy new milk!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mary,
Best not to confess,or just blame someone else:blush:
I once locked our only set of car keys in the other cars boot.It was a sunday,so no locksmiths or garages open.After emptying all the bins,ringing the police and scouring the house ,my husband found them.I said they must have dropped out of his pocket when he went shopping8) ,I think he bought it.Yesterday I walked in front of an oncoming car.Locked the car and went back twice because I couldn't remember if I had or not.Just when I thought I'd mastered the art of the ticket machine....some idiot invents those ones where you have to put in your whole registration!well,I must go back and forth across that carpark to look at my reg,then back to the machine...forget...do it again...arggh!.Burnt the toast,twice,because I forgot it was in the toaster.I rang someone,her daughter answered,asked for her by the wrong name,so of course the daughter was mystified,luckily the woman was out but I was too embarrassed to ring back in case she realised.I have just emailed a company to complain about them taking double the payment out of my account and now I realise what it actually was for,something completely different:blush: time for bed,I think,gotta laugh though
Julsie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Girls, I have a most basic mobile phone and since I changed to it I find texting almost too much for my brain, despite it being a so called simple phone.
x Lola

This is despite being shown countless times by greatly irritated Hubby.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Mary,

Don't worry you are not alone and if we didn't laugh we'd cry. I seem to have a fixation with the fridge - the things we've found in there you wouldn't believe. The best one was a packet of sanitary towels. I couldn't possibily post the jokes that were cracked in my house re that one. :rotfl:

I havn't had brain fog for many months but hubby had asked me to get him some balsam tissues the other day for his cold. I knew I'd bought them but couldn't find them anywhere. Yes you guessed it.....in the fridge.

Of course I meant to put them there as his nose is so red and sore........:lol:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
317 Posts
We discussed it month ago... a fixation with the fridge...

I insert fridge in sentences where it doesn't belong and put
stuff in it all the time... it is kinda bad when my family has gotten
used to it to the point they don't even say anything...just take
things to where ever they belong...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mary,

You are not alone , I have put my car keys in the freezer before and left my keys in the car running and got up next day was looking for them decided to look in car needless to say I was late for work because my battery was dead.

JEN

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oooh Jen - funny you mention keys. That's been a new thing with me. I locked my house keys in the car last week when I got home from work. Next day hubby went to work and locked the front door. I had to go out the back door, all the way round to the front, get the keys and let myself back in etc etc.

I frequently park my car in work and leave the keys in the ignition. Thankfully it's a secure car park.

So now I know where to look the next time I lose my keys......the FRIDGE! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And we know who to blame for global warming JEN! :rotfl:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I threw my remote away, I guess because it has not ever been found:hehe: not even in the fridge. But I have put things in there that don't belong and left things out that do belong in there.:lol: If I didn't laugh I would cry, so now with no remote at least I get some exercise getting up and actually changing the channel or turning the tv on or off.:wink2: The only thing I do better than lose things is procrastinate.......Karly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts