The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hope you are all well today...

just a quick question, for the last few months ive had these scabs on my head under my hair they are only small but theres quite a lot of them and they never seem to go...its a bit gross..

Does anyone else get this? should i get some cream or something?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi afraid i dont know but can say i aslo have these same place each time and they bleed.

be interested any ideas anyone?
countrylass

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, i think i no what your on about
ive had them to, they start like little hard pimple spots? then turn into mini scabs?
i was told its just my hair folackles or sumtink, but yer they maybe gross, but if you leave them alone and wash hair regulary treat it good they go (well mine did lol) they come back now and again but i only ever hae just one or two at a time
dunno if that helped or made you fel better knowing others have it haha
xxxxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Michelle,

They have always been around for me, I don't know if it's some sort of discoid lupus or not but they flare when I flare :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow maybe it is a lupus thing then!! I should stop scratching at them lol. Lupus is flaring at the moment..ended up in the A&E with pleurisy AGAIN yesterday...discharged myself at 1am! They can't do anything about it so i don't know why they insist i stay in grrr:love:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((Michelle)))))))) hope you are able to get some rest at home - not much to be had in hospital! May the pain leave you soon!

Yep scabby heads are not uncommon :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Michelle and all,

Yes me too. I wondered if this was what had perhaps been hives as I did used to get them but that maybe the meds had some how reduced the inflammation in them and made them really small. They cerataintly do hurt like hives, they are very hard small yes, minature hive like things.and then they scab. i do have general scaliness on my scalp anyhow, not good either.

Hope you egt better soon Michell, I agree your better off at home than in the hospital, privided chest x ray, heart rate and saturations are ok.

Take Care

Cassie. :)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi Michelle sorry to see u got pleurisy what is it,may u get good rest at home they right hospitals can be bit noisy.
nothing like own bed.
take care lv countrylass:)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Back in the day when "psoriatic arthriris" (or some such thing) was my Dx I had these scalp scabs. I noticed that when they were bad the joints were better and vice versa. Haven't had the scabs for a long time but now that I have written this, if the scabs come back, I am suing you!:)
Douglas+

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Donna,

No mine aren't like warts at all. They start off as a bump then crust over, flatten out and flake off. Sometimes they take a bit of hair with them.

love
Lily

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I too get the same sort of lumpy bumps that Lily has. My dr says that they're trapped hair follicles but at the mo my hair has decided to start falling out again so I'm noticing them lots more. I use Nizoral shampoo once a week and that seems to keep them under control. Had them for years and also get them on my face. HTH's.

Beebee

·
Registered
116 Posts
Douglas you always make me laugh. I get them sometimes too. Start like little sores. I use to keep my hair really short but my hair thinned out so bad you could see my scalp. Now it is long if I start thinning again I can use the ever reliable comb over.:lol:

I used to use a shampoo and conditioner called Nioxin. You can get it at the beauty shop.

Stacy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.