TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not surprising really, I do look very comical. He was still giggling as he wrote an urgent fax to my rheumie asking for iv methylprednisolone.

It's my stupid tongue - I didn't think it was possible for it to get worse, but now when I try to poke it out it is so deviated it tries to come out through my cheek. With effort I can persuade it to sneak a peek out of the very corner of my mouth.

He says I have an ulcer where my tongue is getting stuck between my teeth.

Anyway, time to get this on the road again, oral steroids obviously haven't held this so I need to go to the next step. I am determined to be well for my holiday so I think this is probably the right step. Will just have to wait and see what my rheumie has to say as it is her decision - there is a doctors strike on up at the hospital so that may delay things but that's ok, next week would be fine. Not feeling very well right now (bug going around home/work and I think I've got it) so a chance to get over this first would be welcome.

cheers

Raglet
;););)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
(((((((( Raglet )))))))))))

Can't think of anything to say. Just hang in there and hope the IV work helps you out. I can't imagine how you eat without choking to death. I know sometimes I have numbness in part of my tongue and I always bite the daylights out of it before I can feel again. That's just nasty. I'm rootin' for you, Raglet.

Sunny

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Raglet,

Can't think of much to say either. I really hope the IV stuff works well and gets you set up for that holiday.

hugs,
Katharine

·
Registered
300 Posts
Raglet,

Ouch...that does not sound pleasant at all! On the lighter side, I guess you can always rent yourself out for parties? :)

Hope the IV works quickly for you and you are on the mend for your holiday trip!

Sharon

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't care how funny it looked, I just can't believe the doctor laughed! Hope you're feeling better really, really soon.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jirel, I am fine about him laughing - he is a fabulous doctor and I have a really good relationship with him. He really goes the extra mile for me, time and again.

We're always having a giggle about something - and if occaisionally that is me I really don't mind.

I can see how in some contexts it really wouldn't be a good thing though - fortunately this wasn't one of them.

at least this doesn't hurt which is always a plus !

cheers
raglet

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Raglet,

The IV better work. You need to be back to your gorgeous self and able to talk a blue streak with your friend. Good luck.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm sorry that your tongue movement has worsened - keeping everything crossed for you with the IV.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Raglet,

Just wanted to say, I love your sense of humor, :lol:. I hope you feel better very soon!

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
580 Posts
raglet, i hope this gets resolved for you soon.

sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.

take care.:) :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I guess rolling jaffas around your mouth is out then?

(((((((((Raglet))))))))) sooner rather than later for the methylpred and I hope it does the trick :foryou:

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Raglet - it just seems like you go through so much. Its fantastic that you can find things about it to laugh about. :) I hope that means you don't have too much trouble with the depression so many of us get.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yes - It's good to see you are still able to laugh and that you have a good relationship with your doctor.

Hope you start to feel a bit better soon and your tongue position doesn't worsen. If it was permanently sticking out you would be in even more trouble. :eek:

Seriously - I do hope things get a little better. Keep smiling. You cheer me up, despite all.

Take really good care.

:love:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not too long ago I was at the neurologist's office. He was doing some "tests" and asked me to walk like a drunk! I thought he meant stagger all over the office , which I did. It seemed rather silly and as I was doing so I wondered to myself what he could possibly be testing me for now!!

:blush: Turns out walk like a drunk really meant walk one foot in front of the other like someone drinking might have to do for a sobriety test. He was obviously testing my balance. We had a good chuckle over that one!

Dalyce:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Raglet

I am so sorry you are having to go through so much with your health(((((hugs)))).I do agree with you about the laughing instead of what you probably would rather do is crying i mean.i dont know what any of us would do without laughter for sure.I have had many nurses and doctors say to me good you can laguh at your situation it makes things much healthier for me and would be for alll of us.Also at the same time i do understand some days wanting to just cry and run away if we could anyway:lol: .take care of yourself and i sure hope things do get a lot better for you before your vacation.Take care of yourself as much as you can anyway((((hugs))).

Tammy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts