TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been having Hypoglycemic issues lately for some un known reason and had my appointment today with the Endocrinologist.

Long story short he dx me with Hypoglycemia due to have a total gastrectomy (removal of my stomach) which has caused Nesidioblastosis.

I hate when doctors talk above me.:mad::mad::mad:

I will be testing my sugars 4 times a day now and keeping a food diary. I go back to see the doctor in 3 months. He said cut out carbs and sugars.

I reminded him that with out a stomach I eat whatever I can get in my mouth and down my throat and generally it is not sugar and carb "stuff"!:mad::mad::mad:

I need to spend some time on Google now................why not!:worried:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I can see why he'd want you to not eat simple carbs and sugars as those can wreak havoc on someone with hypoglycemia. I have had reactive hypoglycemia episodes and try to eat protein/fat at each meal & snack along with complex carbs like whole wheat bread (with a lot of fiber in it too!). Eating every 3-4 hours helps too ;)

But I have to admit I've never heard that term before so he's talking above me too! Good luck with that and hope it gets settled soon with the testing and the knowledge you'll be gaining in the coming days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts