The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Hibbs, fundraiser and member of West Midlands Lupus Group has received an official request to take members to 10 Downing Street, after contacting Sarah Brown on Twitter. I am sure you will all agree this is a fantastic way to raise Lupus Awareness. Well Done to John, who is also running the London Marathon in 2010.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well done to John and good luck with the London Marathon. I wish you well as some one from the West Mids who ran in 1989 when I was younger and fitter. You will find it a great experience the crowds are so supportive. Good luck with the training.

lol Trindy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, just stumbled across this thread.

Just wanted to say thanks for your kind words.

There will be regular updates about my journey to become a marathon runner and of course the trip to No.10 on my web sites:

hibbsy.com

facebook.com/run.hibbsy.run

twitter.com/hibbsy

Best wishes,

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, his family and friends from West Midlands Lupus Group will be at 10 Downing Street, tomorrow evening, what a fantastic opportunity to raise Lupus Awareness in October, which is of course Lupus Awareness month !!
Hope you all have a great time,

Kay x

·
Registered
330 Posts
My psychologist will also be attending 10 downing street this evening , she is the only health psychologist in the country that belongs to the rheumatology department, her name is Liz Hale (don't know whether I'm allowed to mention name) I saw her this morning at our fibro group at Russells Hall hospital. I'm not quite sure whether she said my consultant was going with her (Dr Nichola Erb) she did a presentation at the group & she was rushing off to get ready to catch the train .

Angied

·
Registered
553 Posts
Fantastic News.... way to go John... I wrote to my MP about prescription charges... he sent my letter to the department of health and I go some baloney about funding for research and stuff nothing to do with help with prescription charges.. Lets hope John gets somewhere with Mrs Brown and gets some awareness and help for us Lupies.

Claire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.