TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is eveyone doing for the 4th of July? That is if you live in the USA. Otherwise what are you doing this weekend?

My plans are for the 4th, include going to a friends house to have a picnic and sat off fireworks.:rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great weekend and has some kind of fun.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Happy 6th Of July

I would normally not be doing much of anything either but this year we are going to the spee way for the fourth with my dauhgter and her boyfriend and his son whom is eight years old.I just hope i feel like i can make it because it is a little bit of walking and sitting.Then getting up the next morning and travling to wiscosin to visit cousins.So it is going to be a little crazy unfortunately.I think it will go okay though.Take care everyone and have a safe and happy 4th of july and a great weekend where ever you are from.

Tammy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Happy Fourth of July to all our American friends

I hope everybody has an enjoyable weekend full of friendship and celebration -and free of pain.
:)

I am having lots of weekday fun this month going to Summer Art courses, that's instead of going away on holiday, so I need the weekend for recovery ( so much fun is very tiring!) and catching up with the housework & finishing work from the course and preparing for the following week.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Fireworks, visiting family, an ART course .... wonderful, wonderful ... especially the art course - just a tad jealous of that one I must admit.

BUT, BUT, BUT - What's happening in Trawden (near Colne) in Lancashire this weekend? Only The Trawden Garden Festival (Sat & Sun).

Mentioned it last year I think. It's where eveybody wishing to take part gives permission for complete strangers (mainly villagers, but news is spreading) to meader around their gardens. There is a scare crow competition, and unusual planted container competition, etc, etc. The village hall has stalls for people wishing to sell things (artists, local guides and brownies, individuals ... some sell plants every year).

You get a map from the village hall with all the gardens / scare crows plotted, & which gardens are open to view or as tea gardens, etc. I think the theme for scare crows this year is 'Around The World'. Local pubs (2 of) are usually quite relaxed and busy by the evening ... unless it RAINS.

So i will refrain from doing a spot of guerrilla weed seed bombing of local gardens by exercising intense jealousy control. My garden has had no attention, is still in development, is wild and wrecked with building materials and stuff everywhere. So mine isn't going to feature. Perhaps next year. Been saying that for 2 years now.

This year i intend to make sure my camera is charged so i can stea ... BORROW and personalise good ideas.

Have a lovely 4th July and weekend all.

:love:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Happy Holidays all our US members

Well its not holiday time here but I have two things coming up this weekend. Firstly on Friday night I am off to see the comedian Dara O'Briain. We have front row tickets courtesy of a birthday present from my daughter. :)

Then Im off to a wedding on Saturday. Im just going along as a tag along with a friend (although I do know the bride from years ago).

Have a great weekend everyone:)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Happy 4th of July!

WELL.....My best friend and I are doing a Thelma and Louise and driving down to Liverpool in a sports car to see DURAN DURAN!

I am so excited! :excited::dancing: :yahoo::woohoo:

This will be the 3rd time we've seen them, the first time we got ushered right next to the stage and Roger Taylor gave my friend his drumsticks and John Taylor gave me the set list. I go weak at the knees just thinking about it.

We are staying in a hotel with a spa and will be making full use of it. Dinner is booked then it's off to see the boys! We have been on the phone tonight giggling like a couple of teenagers. :lol:

I hope everyone else enjoys their weekend no matter what they do.

Hugz, :grouphug2:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I think for the first time in I don't know how long...I am going to do a traditional 4th!

BBQ, Pool, Fireworks and sparklers after dark.

We now have custody of my grandchildren, 10 months and 23 months, so we are doing all this for the 23 month old.

Hubby is off for golf this morning, I will get an afternoon nap, then we begin the festivities!

I figure by 8:30 we will al be in bed...LOL the babies are usually down by 7:30 so this will be a late night for them.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend no matter where you are or what you have planned!

Stephanie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts