The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My doctor just diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis (although I'm still waiting on ANA test results).

I had a question regarding a rash that I've had for the past 2 years. Does anyone know what this might be? It's on my left leg (just above my ankle), it's raised, red (sometimes pink), and is intermittently itchy. The raised redness is persistent, but the itchiness varies. I'm not sure if it's eczema, psoriasis, or something else (and my doctor refuses to diagnose it - not sure why). Hydrocortisone cream doesn't help.

Any clues? I've posted a pic in my profile.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I looked at the picture and it looks like a heat rash but that is really a guess.

Have you gone to a Dermatologist for this? Since your doctor is not willing to diagnose this then maybe you should consider this for a biopsy so that you know for sure what your dealing with.

Let us know how you get along.:wink2:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi,

I think if it's concerning you then it's a good idea to see a Dermy, that will sort it out. It's difficult to say what it is, so many rashes have similar appearances, sorry I can't help more.

love
Lily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.