The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to say that we had lean pork chops, bake potatos and salad, but to be honest we had sour cream pikelets.

I was too tired to cook, and my daughter is just plain a bad influence in the cooking department. There was just the two of us home tonight so we just slobbed out.

Sour cream pikelets are the best ......

so what did you have ?

raglet

·
Registered
594 Posts
We had chicken breast, new potaoes, carrots and broccolli.
I felt like keeling over when i had fianlly got it on the table!!!!

I have never tried sour cream pikelets!

Cassie :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
someone will have to fill me in-what are pikelets?!!!!:)

homemade mini pizzas for me!!:)

Rachel

·
Registered
33 Posts
oh dear

Oh my god - ye actually had the energy to make dinner!!!!! I went out and hand pork ribs and corn on the cob! Does anyone else feel exhausted after dinner??? God bless dishwashers is all i can say cause washing up is just something i can only aspire to after a nights sleep!!!!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:eek:Nothing for me - too ill to contemplate making food or even eating it (couldnt even face my meds today except omeprazole which helped with the nausea)!:eek:

Hubby fed the kids and himself I hope - if not they will be hungry today! :hehe:

Feeling a little better today - got to pick up some Pred today and then I will feel even better!:)

Managed to prepare/cook Mousakka this morning ready for dinner tonight and lots for the freezer!:blush:

Lesley

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Leftover Ravioli and fresh salad :) mmmmmmmmm

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I made spaghetti with king prawns, crayfish, mussels in a creme fraiche, basil, tomato and chilli sauce.

Yesterday was a good day :)

·
Registered
6,152 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Pikelets are sold at M & * - flat crumpets!

I wonder if there the same as the ones Raglets buys/makes!

Lesley

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Well, I have to say, if I didn't have a husband who trained to be a chef we probably wouldn't eat and, in fact, no other man would have had me :rotfl:

We had a nice salad with letuce, king prawns, shrimps, grapefruit, avocado, corn, tomato etc. Thankfully hubby also agrees that salad is an essential part of life. I can't face cooked meals when it is even vaguely hot outside.

Katharine

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow sounds like Masterchef for most of you.
How does baked beans and egg on toast grab you lol. Was that nice seedy brown bread and no butter. (Im addicted to it). Fresh farm eggs and 'healthy' baked beans.
It was just a Tuesday and Id been out shopping all day. I am a bit more adventurous sometimes. Might look for recipes now on this thread.
Happy eating.
Sal x

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Katherine,
Now thats what I need to do. Marry a chef! Any applicants welcome. lol Does your husband have any nice cheffy friends. Send them over. lol
It would help if they can also do brick laying, plastering, gardening, plumbing, electric and gas fitting and maybe the odd bit of hoovering and ironing. Oh and be good looking, loving and have a sense of humour.
What do you mean? No wonder Im single lol.
Oh well.. I can dream.
Sal x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Nope Sally, it is possible, really! Mine does all that and more :)

Keep looking and he'll turn up someday.

Katharine

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Well last night dinner consisted of baked potatoes... Salad with everything including the kitchen sink in it.. lol... bbq.. Steaks... String beans and asparagus... George cooked the steaks.. I did the rest...

Love Penny

I just made a pot of homemade vegetable soup.. any one want some?

·
Registered
869 Posts
marinated grilled chicken breast, salad and brownies for dessert. Husband grilled :)as I was late back from kids soccer practice:wink2:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Kathrine:

Your hubby sounds like mine, except mine doesn't cook. He does everything else tho!

Neongirl:

I love Husband grilled (he's also good toasted) LOL

Raglet:

I like to cook, I find it relaxing and challenging at the same time.

Last night was Roasted chicken, bread stuffing, sauteed broccoli and cheese danish for desert.

For tonight I made a pot of sauce with meatballs, ceasar salad, and garlic bread...I think i'll send hubby for IceCream for desert.

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Salopsally - I howled with laughter at that one. :rotfl:Bet it looks well done on the outside but tender on the inside. :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well haven't felt good all week. So I have been living on cereal and saltines..yumm Hubbie says I need to eat a meal. Luck for me he does all the cooking and dish washing..really couldn't ask for a better hubbie...lol So tonight I am going to try to eat alittle something. Don't know what it is yet b/c hubbie isn't here..so wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I prefer to boil my husband with a pinch of salt:lol:

You all are making me look bad, because I don't cook:( I will throw things together and that will be a meal:hehe:

Becca

1 - 20 of 22 Posts