The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see my GP yesterday who had a trainee GP in with him, so I got to do my star turn double act again which is getting the trainee to guess what's the matter with me. Very entertaining and nice to know there is one more doctor who knows more about lupus than they did.
Between us, the GP and I feed clues. When I was describing my other symptoms the GP turned over my hands and showed her my red outer palms, I said it isn't liver disease and he added "and she has no difficulties swallowing"
Now what would difficulties swallowing have to do with red palms, or my other symptoms? I clean forgot to ask him.

:)
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Haha,

I have no idea Clare but it sounds like a fun doctor's visit and a great way to educate young docs in a memorable way.

Katharine

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm guessing they were taling about CTD's in general and the GP was trying to guide the student away from scleroderma??

My guess:hehe:

X C X

·
Registered
391 Posts
Clare -

Hashimoto's thyroiditis can sometimes cause difficulty swallowing. Maybe the doctor was referring to that.

What fun, though! I'm so glad your doctor is teaching his interns this way.

Terri

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi clare i had the same happen with my gp i was going on holiday.And was due a period. And wanted a pill to stop anything while i was away.So we did the same with the student told him my age first clue then gave him some more clues funny thing he had no idea what we were talking about.In the end the doc said you better tell him good job i was not in for any thing major or i would have been there all day :lol: :lol: elisabeth

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
The only things I ever heard about red palms was hepatitis and even autoimmune diseases can be it also. But yeah, the swolling difficulty almost does sound like schleroderma . This is a case for Dr. House. :rotfl:

Maybe your next visit you can ask....but sounds like they were just going back and forth and ruling things out with each other.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
It is a puzzle!

I've heard mention of red spots on hands connected to Liver problems which then indicate something else if you have other symptoms - can't remember what it is though!!!! As I can't remember what this thing is I can't check whether difficulties swallowing is connected.

Will google later if I remember unless someone gets there before me - got to serve up a feast for the little ones now!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Clare I think you enjoy the challenge of rookie doctor just too much. :rotfl:

The only thing I could think of was Hep C. Very interesting one though, you must try and remember to ask the next time. :hehe:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts