The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a copy of my blood work and my Dr. is out til Monday I know that most of them are in normal range but on the high side. Can anyone help me to figure this out so I don't worry all weekend???

result range is in ()

gluclose serum 110 (70-110)​
BUN 13 (6-23)
BUN/Creatine ratio 18.6 (12-20)
chloride serum 103 (98-109)
anion gap 8 (3-15)
calcium, serum 9.1 (8.4-10.2)
bilirubin .7 (.1-1.0)
alakaline phosphatase 78 (39-117)
AST (SGOT) 32 (15-46)
ALT (SGPT) 39 (13-50)
RBC 4.97 (3.80-5.10)
hemoglobin 13.8 (12.-15.5)
hemocrit 42.2 (36-46)
MCH 27.8 (28.5-32.5)
lymphs 34 (20-40)
basos 1 (0-2)
glom filt rate 98 (60)

these are just some of them.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I am not a doctor and they really are the ones best suited to read the results, however I do know as long as the lab isn't indicating the results to be out of the normal ranges either high or low, they are considered to be OK...high or low normal is still normal.

No worries - Stephanie

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Those labs look wonderful to me, the only one a little low is the MCH and that indicates that the average amount of hemoglobin in a blood cell is a little low, but given the other values regarding the red blood cells look great, this is really not a concern. I would definitely not worry about these this weekend... but would rather go out and celebrate!

Hope that helps ease your mind.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Lisa

I cant add anything more other than they look good to me as well,,,you seem to be in the right place in all the (reference ranges).

I used to plot all my blood results on an excel spread sheet and I became more familiar each time with what each one meant...

Ok,...... a little research! but I found it facinating.

Nx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't expect anyone to actually be a Doctor on this board, I have never recieved my results in writing so was a little concerned. I am not even sure if they are higher than the last time I had blood drawn.

I will be calling my Dr. athis morning to find out more thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts