The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While you are sitting at the computer and reading new threads and skimming from topic to topic what do you see around you? :camera: Do you have anything special around your computer?

Me, in front of me hang 5 photos in frames of my neices Hannah & Grace, a porcelin white owl, a stained glass butterfly, a computer print off of two dogs, Brittney Spanials, the emergency pull cord (in case of falls) The thermostat reading 72 degrees, a picture I scratched on copper of a barn, Mallard duck and ducklings, a drawing of an old Native American and a drawing of a zebra that a friend drew for me. All I have to do is turn my head and I can see the birds who are bathing in the bird bath(a robin at the moment). And I have my ever present semi-frozen bottle of G2 (low calorie electrolyte grape beverage) a product of Gatorade.

How about you?

Notice I didn't mention all the assorted misc. stuff I have sitting around the keyboard, it's a bit cluttered.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi karly :)

At the moment I am sitting on the couch with my feet up & my laptop on my knee....so...I am actually looking around at my living-room...

on my left side I have a cup of peppermint tea that hubby has just made & a plate from which I have just eaten a piece of cake (from the 'holy communion party I have just been to today)
& on my right side there are the tv remote controls :hehe:

dear me,it's a hard life being a lady of leisure :rolleyes: :lol:

oh & yes I have also chose to omit the clutter too :hehe:

bye for now.....karen x

·
Registered
277 Posts
i can see the computer in front of me, my cell phone on the desk next to my keyboard on one side, a couple pencils between the keyboard and the computer, and a little stone dog sculpture my friend brought me back when she went to italy (i recently moved all the desk clutter to the floor, so theres not much left up here :hehe: )...then on the left of the desk i can see the radiator, on the right theres piles of "stuff" (including what had been on the desk), my backpack in front of the piles and my cat's carrier next to them, and then my bulletin board on the wall above it all, which has wayyyy too many things to name, but includes everything from science team awards i won a couple weeks ago to a drawing my friend made me in second grade of one of my model horses....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ug! Do I really have to look around LOL?

As my laptop sits on my knee, I look down at the floor...motorcycles, dumptrucks, racecars and the freeway they belong on scattered around my feet and I just do NOT have the energy to bend down and pick them up! Also the basketball hoop in the corner.

But lots of family photos on the walls and artwork my 3 year old has done recently too!!

Karen...I am wishing I had a piece of cake..with chocolate frosting and tall glass of milk..hubby is already asleep or I'd ship him out on the rouse of a pregnancy craving :)

sharon

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:rotfl: sharon!!
I wish I could have shared it with you!:sad:

sharon that reminds me of when my dear friend was heavily pregnant in the height of summer...she pretended she was craving magnum icecreams so that her poor hubby would go to the shops anytime of the day or night :lol: and she never felt guilty about it!:hehe:

I hope you are keeping well :)
luv karen x

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Well i see my laptop first to my right photo of TJ straght ahead nextdoors hut then my sisters house above me picture of Mother/ Father to my left pictures of George Aaron Ben my Niece Kyra.At the back of me is hubby Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I see lots of cobwebs,some with big,fat,hairy spiders in wearing size 9 boots!:lol: ok,not strictly true but we have got lots of cobwebs at the moment due to me being a poor housewifey!
Julsie

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
To my left a window sill with a pile of teetering gardening books and 4 magazine holders full of mags with an old fashioned ghetto blaster type radio balanced on top (for radio 4). On floor beneath that window a sowing machine with a kitchen door sample on top and a cordless drill box perched on top.

In front to left a pedalstle file cupboard with a blue plastic mushroom tray piled with gardening books, a cordless drill charger and a plastic bag contiaing horticulture course file.

Through facing window hanging basket frame with 1 fat ball, 1 holed mini log for peanut butter, 1 empty halved coconut shell - black.

Window sill in front of me, but behind behind my pc - 2 pot plants, some PVA glue, an old pot with broken pencils and sand paper, a catalogue, notebook, dictionary and address book, cacti - 7 of - container with old toothbrushes and small pintbrushes, staples and soil pH meter. A glass biscuit barrel filled with old glass marbles. A biscuit tin containing out of date seeds. A sample of granite, cellotape, housephone, printer, laminator, open A4 diary with bits of paper bursting out everywhere. Some receipts. Latest weight printouts from gym weighing scale telling me to move more and eat less. All sitting on dirty dusty desk with bits of cable spaghettied all over the flipping place. Under desk and around feet 2 stacks of blue plastic mushroom trays filled with torn out pages from mags - each labelled " sewing', 'kitchen' 'shed' ' garden' 'cellar' 'loft' to remind me where to put them. Oh and a clean cat litter tray.

All this in a space about 6ft x 3 ft at end of my kitchen.

I can't say i'm comfortable with this.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Julsie

I too have cob webs, millions of cob webs, and an icky beige spider sitting in the corner staring down at me with those multi-faceted eyes, ewww. last night I actually got the vacuum, held it up, and used the hose to sweep up one spider who didn't have the sense to sit still, although didn't touch any of the webs.:lol:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
As a former nurse, I majrly multi-task like no other. It drives my husband nuts.

Currently right now I am answering this post, watching a program about some very elaborate weddings, text messaging my so about how his bedroom in the basement will not in fact collapse on him and that no there are no mice in this house. I am also talking to my very loving companion, not my husband, my cat Jubi who is looking out the window growling at something, I think it is the leaves from last fall that are being wisked around, and also listening to my husband snore.

I am currently on my laptop in bed and enjoying the peace and quiet, ok except for the snoring, the cat gave up on the leaves. I can look around my room at some of the laundry that needs put away and what needs mending. I can see my gallon jug on banana peppers that I tend to snack on thru the night. While it is not what one might think to find, it keeps me out of the snack cabinet. Did I mention the serenity?

Nancy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts