TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Germanshepard's thread about stopping Imuran got me to thinking about our own experiences when we have to stop one of our medications. When I started Imuran I was told to stop the MTX, but I immediately had to go back on it because the pain came back within 24 hrs. I hope to be able to wean off it once the Imuran kicks in. But that awful experience has made me wonder what's going to happen if I have to stop the Imuran, or Plaquenil at some point because of bad blood work or an infection. When I asked the RD he just said "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Not good enough. I want to know there's something else that can be done. I was lucky I was able to go back on the MTX for the time being, but what if I couldn't? I would have been in agony for months until the Imuran started to work.

So I'm wondering. If you've been forced to stop your medication at some point, how long was it before you started to have pain again and what did your doctor do about it?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. You know around 4:00 a.m. this morning I was thinking about that and wondering if this was the forum I had asked that question on. I frequent a Sjogren's forum and forgot I had already asked this question and which one I had asked it on. Duh. Brain fog at its finest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts