The Lupus Forum banner

What have you done "because" of lupus?

706 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  nicky00 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Reading the boards recently no-one can deny that a lot of people are going through a pretty tough time for the moment.

On top of that, for many here, it is the depths of winter (and what a winter) and it all gets a bit much at times.

However, I know, from being around here a while, that there are a lot of heartwarming and positive stories out there too.

It is easy to dwell on what lupus has "taken" from us. I don't usually think that way as life in general can take pretty much willy nilly, lupus or no lupus. So, here I'd like here to think about what it has actually "given" to some of us. I know that people have been able to "do" thing that they couldn't have done had they not had to change/adapt life.

I'd like us to share what those things are here in this thread.

For me, there isn't yet anything concrete, just lots of little things. I finally have time for my friends, I have time to look at the world and its beauty rather than dwell on its darkness, I have time for my kids, for my photos...and, I am really truly going to get down to some serious writing - a long time ambition, always put off for want of time.

thanks for spreading some warmth and positive vibes,
hugs to all :grouphug2:
Katharine

See less See more
Discussion starter · #7 ·
Good grief, I am a silly whatsit... brain dead I'd say...

Of course MY "opportunity" has been to stop working as an in-company trainer (which was mentally exhausting and involved a LOT of driving) and to actually take the risk at becoming a translator more full time (not really full time as I couldn't manage that). I would never have dared take that leap if I hadn't actually been forced to completely rethink life. Imagine forgetting a thing like that :rotfl:

Katharine

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I like that one fairy!!! :rotfl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.