The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got copies of my labs today and saw on the labs a GFR that is reading 50 and the normal range is 60 to 128! I got online and tried looking it up and I keep getting into Kidney Sites! Does this mean my kidneys are being damaged from Lupus? And I also had a high LDH and don't know what that means. Also a Low Immunoglobulin G, QN, Serum what ever that means. And I keep a high white blood count instead of low white blood counts.
Why do I have to be a hard case to diagnose? Why can't my labs be easy! I'm so confused!:worried:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Lynette,

As with all tests your doc will take this into consideration based on what meds you are on, your symptoms, other tests etc. then he will be able to work out what's going on..........or not.

Here's some more info about GFR:

http://www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/ckd/knowGFR.cfm

and some on LDH:

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ldh/glance.html

The high white blood cells make sense if your Immunoglobulin G is low, it's your bodies way of fighting infection. Are you on Prednisone?

Of course there could be lots of other reasons why the IgG is low and white blood cells high, I've only stated one possible scenario and I'm no doctor :hehe:

I hope your doctor can help alleviate your worries and set your mind at ease, do let us know what transpires.

love
Lily

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lily!

Thank-you Lily for explaining some of those labs. Very possible something kidney going on but there is tissue damage also going on. My leg muscles are getting very weak. Wonder is Myositis can show high LDH for tissue damage. I don't know! I wished these doctors would explain labs a bit better than me coming home trying to investigate it myself! :(
He's a new Rhumatologist too. Not sure if I am going to like him either. He comes in a tells you what is going on some and then walks out leaving you sit there not knowing if he's done or not. Never says goodbye or anything else. Weird man he is! I sat there yesterday in the room waiting for him to come back and he never even came back. I had to ask the nurse when he needed to see me again!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh dear, he sounds like an absent minded Professor :rolleyes: let's hope he's as smart as one, then you would be able to put up with those oddities!

love
Lily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts