The Lupus Forum banner

What is going on?

577 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  debatat 
#1 ·
I had a ct scran about 3 weeks ago and now I get a call from the doctor for an ultrasound of splean. When I asked why she stated a lot of medical words I did not understand and when I asked what is all that she just repeated it. Should I be worried or is this just them being carefull? If I sound worried it is because I am. It is ok if no one knows what is going on just wanted to kinda vent it has been awhile.:worried:

#2 ·
It's really impossible for me to do much more than offer you a (((hug))) and hope that you get in soon so you will know what is going on. I can understand you being worried but with such limited information it is really hard to know what it might be - you'll just have to wait for more information and talk to your doctor. When you get back to your doctor... have her write down the concerns she had and what the official findings were so you can look into it more on your own (if you so desire).

Do your best to not stress... and try to plan as many relaxing and/or soothing activities as you can. Candlelit baths... do your nails... garden... shop for new toys for your cats... visit with friends... whatever it is that really is enjoyable for you and distracting. That's the best advice I can offer - hopefully others will have some good advice for you too!

#3 ·
Tammy,

I agree with Maia that all I can do is offer a hug to you. I would guess, and only guess that since 3 weeks have passed it is not a emergent situation. Make sense??? Maybe you should call back and tell them to speak in layman terms so you understand why you need the scan.

Keep us posted and wear the lucky, fuzzy purple slippers.;););)

#4 ·
((( Tammy)))
You are bound to feel concerned so we'll have to hope that it is nothing too serious and whatever it is can be treated speedily and hopefully your health will improve. I hope you don't have to wait long for the scan; spleen problems can be caused by so many things it's not worth speculating. Maybe it looks enlarged and they just want to have a closer look. I think it can be enlarged from lupus but doesn't always have any serious symptoms or need special treatment. Maybe she would be willing to write you something comprehensible or at least tell you slowly so you can note it down. It's usually a help to have some idea what might be going on, isn't it

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. I miss the old days in chat

Many Hugs
Clare

#5 ·
I have trouble with medical terms sometimes too... I have found it works best to stop the doctor and tell him/her can you please put this in English? They usually laugh.. If that doesn't work, I just stop them again and make some sort of joke like ok that sounds like a new lan. or I am not that smart can you put it in simple terms. I have even said pretend I know nothing about medical stuff... can you explain it that way? Most docs understand.. They just get rapped up in their terms and forget.

Hope that helps!

#6 ·
((((( Tammy ))))), I have missed you. I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear that you are having yet more problems. I hope you get some answers soon. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb x

#7 ·
Lots of hugs Tammy,

I can't help with any answers on this one!

Just take care of yourself...would be nice to catch up in chat sometime!

#8 ·
I had the ultra sound done and it was more than the spleen it was every inner organ I have LOL. The test it's self was not so bad but the poor girl doing the test had the hickups from the moment she seen me till she walked me to the door. I think I scared her not sure why. The rhuemy is very interested in the test now so he is sending me a release so he gets a copy of the findings also. For the most part I have been doing what I have to so I can work and yes I am still doing to many hours but bills do have to be paid so I will live with it for now. I have missed chatting with all of you, I am sure that so many of you have good news to share and I have just not been here for that I am sorry.

It was good to see names that I know for a change. I do hope to be able to go into the chat room this weekend and maybe there I can see a few of you and we can chat the day away. I do not have any word on the tests as of yet so my fingers are still crossed in hopes that someone had spotts on their glasses when reading the test.

I do hope you are all doing well and happy.

#9 ·
Tammy, glad the test is out of the way. I hope the results come back quickly and are all ok. I will look out for you in chat. I hope you are resting enough as well as working. I hope your daughter is ok.

Take care

Deb x

#10 ·
:( Tammy ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

That doesn't sound so good. I hope that the results are OK though and that something can be done about it if not. It sounds like maybe your disease activity isn't sufficiently controlled.

Keep us posted on what the rheumy says,
Bye for now,
Katharine

#11 ·
Tammy,

Hope you are taking care to rest enough. I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get some good answers and a better treatment regime from your Rhuemi at the next visit!

Love,

#12 ·
Hi All,
I had planned on trying to visit with some on you this holiday weekend but wouldn't you know that my feet, legs, and hand were so full of fluid that it hurt to walk even to the bathroom. It all started on thursday and I was just getting worse with everyday. I finally must of taken enough fluid pills cause monday night I got them down. Here it is tuesday and it is all starting yet again.

All these test were ordered by my gp not the rheumy. He just said to go to the gp it sound like a muscle. My gp said it sounded muscle but was too big an area to be a muscle. So we started at square one and have just been going up from there.

My daughter had her tests and all came back ok so far but she is still about the same. The gp has said that she maybe very much like me and they have to look past the labs and do other things to find out what is going on. The gp made us laugh so hard she said, "You two have hide and seek problems there is nothing easy about treating us. You two are about as opposite as you can be for treatments." My daughter finally laughed again it was nice to hear it. She is kinda in a panic about me at the moment and has forgotten or is not telling me if she is feeling worse now.

I have been getting extra rest and spending a lot of time sitting at work. It is hard to work with feet twice the size they should be. My boss has told me once I get to work it is ok to take off my shoes as now even slip on shoes are so tight it hurts.

I could not get a hold of a doctor over the weekend that I trust so I finally just over the day Monday took 4 of my fluid pills to get it down. My daughter tried so hard to get me to go to the hospital but I felt so stupid going in to the hospital over swollen feet and legs. There are people that are in real pain that need those doctors.

Oh well, it is over for the most part and we will see what tomorrow brings me. I do have calls, emails, and pages into both the gp and the rheumy but nothing so far today.

I do hope that you are all doing well was hoping some of you were on the chat tonight but did not see anyone, will try again before I leave I miss you all, but I have been needing the extra rest. I know all of you understand, but it don't make it right.

#13 ·
((((((Tammy))))) I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it lately :( and having to work and deal with these problems can't be much fun :grhug:

I hope you get a call back soon, I would make sure they run a urinalysis if they don't suggest it. It's a cheap easy test and at least that way you will know if the swelling has anything to do with your kidneys (which I hope it doesn't! but as a Lupie it's important to rule that out)

Take care and I hope things turn around for you soon.

love
Lily

#14 ·
((( Tammy ))) I am sorry to have missed you in chat. Those swollen feet sound very painful. I hope they can get to the bottom of what is causing it. Let us know how you get on at the docs.

Deb x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.