TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi Friends,

I thought it would be fun to share what our favorite flower is. Color, also. :)

I hope your all having a beautiful day!

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi!

I have several favorites, but have a soft spot for yellow daffodils.

Terri

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Sandy,

I like miniature carnations. I like any color.

What is your favorite flower?

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for asking. My absolute favorite, is the Bearded Iris.

I love the purple, and pink color range best! I love the smell of them too. Oddly enough, they all smell different, and some have more fragrance, than others..I notice Roses are much the same, in that respect.

I used to grow a lot of them. I would go to a growers farm, and get a new color every spring.

My favorite climbing flowering vine is.. the Clematis, Red is my favorite color.

I am going to start an album with some of mine, in my yard. I hope you all enjoy them! :)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nice topic.
Not real sure what the favorite is at present we seem to be partial to Day Lily and Hosta.
Not sure if Hosta would really qualify as a flower but we do have a bunch and just keep getting more and more.

With the Day Lily my Favorite is Red and my wifes is Yellow. We have them togher which looks real nice.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi all - lovely topic Sandy!

Gosh it is a bit like trying to think up your favourite desert island disc isn't it?

I am really struggling to thin up my favourite becasue every time anything flowers it becomes my favourite of the day.

I don't think you can beat a posy of mixed spencer's sweet peas with a bit of flowering ladies mantle and a few strands of corkscrew rush for fragrance and femininity though.

I am with you on clematis - the more the better. But I also love climbing roses - any type so long as they have fragrance.

Hope everyone is well.

:love:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oooh, that's a tought one. I always try to have flowers in the house but my favorite has to be freesia. They are special to me as they were my Gran's favorite and they have a wonderful perfume.

I have some on the living room window at the moment and when I walk in the room the perfume always makes me think of my Gran.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Sandy,

What a lovely topic! :bigsmile:

I have a soft spot for most flowers, but cambria orchids are my absolute favourite; any colour!

Zoi

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would have to say yellow roses because both of my grandparents loved them very much. :hehe::hehe:

My other fav is gerbera daisy..in any old color. They are just so happy looking and they last a long time too.8)8)8)

But the more I think about it the more flowers come to my mind as being very wonderful. So I would have to say that I am just an over all fan of any old type of flower.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love love love white roses I think they are beautiful but I tell my husband to only get 1 flower rather than a dozen because they don't last, I have always made potperi (sp) out of my bouqeuts (sp)!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hm, this is a tough choice. I'll go with red geraniums as I have to buy some every summer for the flower beds/planters.

Nutty

·
Registered
150 Posts
great choices

Hi gardenlovers
this is a great topic
here in the tropics I love the hippeastrum-mine is red, out in winter-now. I note that it's a favourite all over - as the amarylis- as the barbadoes lily, fire lily, royal dutch amarylis, originally from Peru- 2 ft high. Can have white now. Says that individual flowers are 9 ins across, open progressively on two foot stems.
They look spectacular on church altars grouped in high vases when red blooms are favoured. I have swapped and set the big bulbs when I change homes etc- so lovely, easy to grow.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Snakes Head Fritillia , Plum with speckles. It bows over hanging down in a pixie skirt bell shape in spring. Skin looks a bit snake like.
and
Snow drops. Love the simplicity ,petiteness, white with little plain dots of green around the bottom edge of the white bell. Uniformly on each point like a pen dot and the green picking up the green of the foliage which is .....

Oh be quiet nicky!!!!!

Oh there are so many others

I guess im a spring girl at heart.
:)

·
florie
589 Posts
Hi Sandy,
I'll have to say for now my favorite is the big yellow sunflowers. They are blooming away around my house. Since i have bird seed and bird feeders, i took the sunflower seeds from there and tried planting them , and wow it's like jack n the bean stalks. When they finish flowering and droop I will dry them out and take the seeds to feed the birds with.
Luv, florie:flowery:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great thread
Lilies!!! Cala my top one though. I also love salmon colored amarylis during the winter months and red ones for Christmas:):):)

I have to say my daddy and daughter are the only ones to buy me flowers-hubby thinks his green thumb is enough:lol:

Becca:pansy:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Love the thread!

Mine is without a doubt Shata Daisies, had them as my wedding flowers, grew them all over the garden in New York (They don' grow here in Florida).

I do love the smell of Freesia and Magnolias, but they can't beat a daisy!

They are funny and sunny!

Stephanie

1 - 20 of 27 Posts