The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi meryl....i had a punch biopsy last week on a rash...as my ana has only been a mild lupus?!! ana was low positive......so most the time they come back normal except with the liver enzyms.....can i ask what was your rash like?.....mine looks like ring worm!!:eek:......but its not...well wasnt...:lol:......jane

·
Registered
498 Posts
Jane,
Can I ask if your rash is like mine?Mine look like ringworm but don't itch.At the moment these circular patches are really small,but I have quite a few of them.They seem to be clear in the middle but a little rough.I think they look like a car cigarette lighter has been put on my skin and now they're starting to scar and they didn't before!hmmph!
Julsie

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ...yes...i only have a couple on the neck at the side...how odd?!!:rolleyes:....i shall have to wait and see i suppose.....jane

·
Registered
468 Posts
My rash

:shrug: My rash is on both cheeks, and across my nose, including my nose. It most generally looks like I have a sunburn, though I haven't been in the sun. I don't have any bumps or anything, but it does seem raised. The only thing about mine is it does tend to come and go. It does go right along with how bad I feel....it does however get frustrating when the doctor would like to check it out and it disappears before she can see it, but now that I think about it I ought to be glad it does go away at times. I did know someone else nearby with lupus and her rash sounds like yours and covered most areas of her face....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Jane 1
My Rash starts with red spots that look a bit like chicken pox and as I get more they all seem to join up so that it looks like someone has just poured boiling water all over my body and scalded me, the rash is everywhere apart from my face where I have a slight rash across my cheeks and nose. The rash is like round circles, but whitish in the middle, it does not itch or hurt, but looks terrible. I can't stand it when I go out and people stare at me so I tend to wear trousers all the time and high neck sweaters.
I have a rash at the moment, but it is not the same one and this itches a lot and it drives me nuts.
I have some photos of the major rash which I think you would find very interesting, but I do not know how to get them onto the site. I would appreciate some help in how to do this.

Take care
Love
Meryl

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Just to explain I moved the skin posts from the thread on Tests and Procedures. Meryl and I have the same diagnosis SCLE but it is clear from her description that hers is different from mine in many ways. Mine was on my face except for one at the top of the vee of the neck . It itched like crazy and was often very sore and sensitive indeed. When it was attacking my upper lip that really hurt. From time to time I had blisters probably rather like Meryl describes but otherwise it was a mix of the scaley plaques and a couple of bright red wavy rings with dead white centres.

There are 48 pics of SCLE on the German site but not one that resembles mine. Some of them don't look to me any different from a malar rash.

http://dermis.multimedica.de/dermisroot/en/38885/diagnose.htm

The four people with SCLE whom I have met in real life didn't look remotely like me either.
Even knowledgable doctors can't always tell what sort of rash it is by looking at the live thing let alone at pictures.

Meryl, to locate a lupus T shirt I suggest you google for them. One major source of 'funny' Tshirts and other items is a commercial site and we don't allow links to those. Giving the sources in a PM is fine of course.
Links to items being sold by the major national lupus support &awareness organisations such as LupusUK the LFA, the LRI , St Thomas' and such is fine.

I keep forgetting how to post photos on the site but I think there are instructions on the Tech and test section. Very likely someone will respond here.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi claire...thats ok.....i just hope the skin punch they did last week shows something?!!....im starting to get rather harrassed by it all!......what with the liver thingy going on also.....:rolleyes:......jane

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Yes I understand how you are feeling . All this waiting, wondering and worrying is very, very difficult and you have been through so much already.

Many hugs
Clare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts