The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My working dx is UCTD with the first of two tests for APS positive. Rhuemy put me on a month's trial of Prednisone, but I was recovering from renal colic (kidney stone :eek:) and sort of out of it during my appt. I am not sure what I should be looking for to report to my doc.

I know that my sed rate was a bit elevated and in two weeks I am getting that checked to see if it goes down. I'm not in a flare right now. The only active symptom is fatigue. Seems that this is a bad time to do a drug trial. I am 4 full days into this (40mg), and I don't feel any different--not even a single side effect.

My instuctions are 40mg for a week, 30mg for a week, 20, then 10... At what point might I feel better? My rhuemy did say that inflammation itself can drain a person.

Please talk to me.

1tiredmama

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
I usually see some benefit from Prednisone in a couple of days. Not everyone is the same though. Give it more time and if it still not helping contact your doctor.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi, I normally see some benefit in a couple of days, but as legs says, everyone is different. I hope it works for you soon. You are fortunate not to have any side effects!!

Deb x

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
as othrs have said we all different, but i wish you a speedy recovery hun xx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would put a call into your doctor with no change if 4 days. Usually there would be an improvement within a few days, and I'm not sure it's adviseable to be on a relatively high dose for nearly a month with no improvement. It's also a bit strange to be put on such a high dose for only a single symptom --- of fatigue. This does seem to be a very strange time for a trial of prednisone to me too.

If I was in your shoes... I'd probably talk to the doctor about going off the pred at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts