The Lupus Forum banner

What to do - decisions to make....

289 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  kiaratrak
Hi - let me first apologise if this thread is in wrong place but wasn't sure where to put it ;) I want to ask you all for your wisdom and advice on my current dilema so please join in and tell me what you would do in my shoes.....

Background - still awaiting diagnosis of anything - i suppose main problems are low white count and pains! Currently on maternity leave, meant to be leaving job and starting nursing in January so will have to hand notice in beginning of December if going ahead with that.

My choices are -
1. Forget nursing until i know whats wrong - potentially deferring course which leaves me with dilema of whether to go back to job i was unhappy in but was paid well in.

2. Go ahead with application and pack job in - fingers crossed for the best outcome.

3. Forget everything and stay at home with daughter which i actually can't really afford to do but just hope everything works itself out.

As it looks like my case is going to be split between haematology and rheumatology i dont hold out hope for an answer to all medical issues in time for decision making about life. Occi health at Uni just said its really down to whether i feel i can do it - but i feel better some days than others.....

I feel a lot of pressure mounting now to dive in deep end and decide what im doing which probably isn't helping me. So come on folks - what would you do?
1 - 4 of 7 Posts
Thanks for moving - what you put made me laugh lol

Yes you make a good point but equally i cant help but think that the stresses of my work would only make things worse.... Its a difficult one as ive been looking forward to escaping for ages.
Hi - whats DLA? If its anything to do with diasability allowance i doubt i would qualify.... I see diagnosis can be slow - im trying to be patient but its very hard! I wish i knew what was wrong.....
I guess the trouble is i dont know how this will affect my ability to work yet - what with things being progressive at present and of course my currently being at home all the time and able to skive whenever i need to..... It's hard to know what to do when you don't know what the future holds for your health and you have no employment yardstick as all this started after my maternity leave began...

Im now sat here wondering if i should think about having a meeting with HR about my situation (obviously not revealing my alternative plans for nursing) and see what they might be willing to do re my returning to work - they might let me cut my hours and see how i get on and i could always defer my course until i am sure of my health and whether i want to continue at work....hmmmm
1 - 4 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.