TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I think I know the answer to this but....

I've been fighting with a flare for about 9 mths. I'm 32 and already osteopenic so trying to keep meds to the least risky. I'm on a variety of meds but still in a lot of pain. 3 weeks ago I was put on a medrol dose pack and the first few days (high doses) made me feel great. As the dose went down I felt lousy again. Last week I doubled one of the new meds (cholchicine) and then they added another medrol dose pack...this was on Thursday. By Friday evening, I was feeling much better. Saturday and Sunday were so much better but today I feel like I am sliding again. He said that if I don't feel better to call on Monday again...I feel better than I did last week but feel like I am sliding again. Should I wait another day or two to see if my body rebounds or call? I'm scheduled to see him in another week anyways.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there and (((((((hugs))))))

Yes, as you say, I think you know the answer here. Taking meds that have other side-effects is always a worry and I think we all try and leave making that call until the last minute (been doing a bit of that myself recently) but, at the end of the day, you know that you can't go an as you were and also that the yo-yo effect that's appearing here with the short bursts of medrol is not the best.

Of course, I don't know what treatment options the doc is going to suggest for you but he did say to call and I think that it exactly what you should do.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I ended up calling and he is putting me on steroids (medrol) until he sees me next week and then said we have to discuss other options. I'm not sure what that means but hope the new steroids will help.

I"m sorry that you are having problems also...hopefully soon we will find something that works.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
cj,
You do know the answer to the question and I hope you do call as there is a reason for all this up and down you are going throug. I know am guilty of waiting to see what happens also then I get a wonderful talk from my doctor that usually starts had you call a couple days ago we could of had this under control already, or the longer you wait the harder it for me to treat you the way I should be. I know it is my fault but at least give me credit for coming at all lol. Ok now the funny stuff is over you really should talk to the dr. and let us know how it went please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts