The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 1st visit with my Rhemy doc next week. I had a positive ANA and have been seeing a dermatologist. Any suggestions as to what I need to take (record wise) with me and what should I ask him? I have read alot about Lupus, but people experiencing it probably know more of what to ask to get the answers needed or tests run. Your help is appreciated.

·
4,445 Posts
Hiya.. firstly make sure you go to the appointment without nail varnish or make up on so he can get a good natural look at you! Next take your daily diary of symptoms and any photos you have taken of rashes, swollen bits etc. They should do a routine urinalysis when you get there... maybe run some more bloods, perhaps a wrist/hand x ray ( at least they did for my first appointment to rule out any arthritic causes)... they should do a thorough physical so make sure you got the undies you want on for a bit of dignity!!:lol:... they will want to take a (hopefully) detailed history, so have that jotted down... make a list of questions to take because you can be a bit tongue tied.. and perhaps take a partner/friend with you as its alot to take in.
Then just take it one step at a time..... I wish you well.
Claire X
PS might be good to take any old blood results etc with you....

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi all best for yuor appointment i go for mine in month and bit,great advcie u have above aslo what emdication u taking and what strength.
gp name and address if they dont have it.
wish u well let us know how u get on lv countrylass:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi, I would definately take a diary of symptoms, this I learned the hard way. I would also take pictures (If you have any). They can possibly show a clearer picture. All bloodwork results and any test results. I wish you well on your visit. Hopefully you can get some answers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.