The Lupus Forum banner

What's the deal on these hot flashes????

444 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  peonyprincess 
#1 ·
They feel totally different then menopausal hot flashes. I don't get flushed or sweaty ,it just feels like my body is on fire. Lasts a few minutes. They are usually followed by chills.And they increase when I feel like I'm in a flare. Is this common? Anybody who can relate???
Thanks ,Kate

#2 ·
HI Kate,

Have you tried measuring your temperature when you feel like this? And also when you feel chilled?

I'm not sure I've experinced what you're talking about - mostly when I'm flaring I feel fluish (hot and chilly) but also run a fever which says up for days or weeks.

This probably doesn't help:(

X C X

#3 ·
Flashes

Kate,
I can totally relate. I just get boiling hot but not sweaty or flushed. They last for just a few minutes and I usually am pulling my clothes off by then and I will suddenly get just shivery cold. It happens for me a bunch of times a day and then I won't have any for awhile. Very unpleasant.
Laura

#4 ·
It usually happens to me about 3:00 a.m. It wakes me up, I rip off my bed covers then about 15 minutes later get cold and put them back on. On the Arthritis Insight forum they talk about this at times. It seems to be quite common with autoimmune diseases. So, if it helps, you have lots of company.

#6 ·
Im either always having hot flashes or Im freezing cold and cant get warm. Ive felt like this since my Lupus became more advanced. Take care. :rose:

#7 ·
Kate,

I have also dealt with these irritating hot/cold flashes and have about gone mad. At first it was the menopause flashes, but they finally subsided. Now, I just get these intrusive flashes. I have at times gotten so hot that my makeup slides right off the face, my hair becomes weight and stringing sticky. I don't have them as much as I have since my disability has come thru. Now they progressively got worse and it started to become wonderfully better Ok, ok, so I had some help. I was started in July on long term oxygen and that has helped tremendously. Not saying everyone needs O2 to feel better, but it has helped my sweats.

In the meantime, I will still continue to have those basic hot/cold flashes that drive my husband crazy and in an onry but mean way.

Nancy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.