The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys hope you are all well. just wondering this because to begin with my butterfly rash was just slightly raised and red but this week i have a new kind its just over my eyes-below eyebrows and under my eyes/tops of my cheeks and it looks like lots of tiny dots of blood like burst blood vessels if you get me or if you pinch your finger and blood gathers underneath...does anyone else get it like this? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
My rash is on my cheeks and looks like different sized freckles but they are red not brown. One or two of them are slightly raised but so far they hav'nt been a problem.Do yours give you any Problems.
Ann

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey yeah i guess mine kinda looks like red freckles! i havent had any problems like pain or anything, its just unsightly!!xxxxx

·
Registered
301 Posts
My flutterby is very subtle. I have a distinct butterfly of mottled hyperpigmentation (brown freckles gone mad)which "blushes" when I'm under fluorescent lights/flaring. The "V" area of my neck blushes too. The areas don't itch but sometimes it feels a bit like sunburn when it is quite vivid.

At the moment my lower cheeks and top lip feel sore. Probably too much glare from my laptop!!!!

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Mine is smooth, but blotchy. Pink to red on my cheeks under my eyes, bridge of my nose and between my eyebrows. Looks like an anger flush, and does not itch, but gets hot to the touch when I am overtired.

I also get a very bright red on my chest (the vee of a shirt area) this actually comes up before the face and goes away slower, this area is a bit bumpy but not itchy.

Stephanie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is a bright pink to a bright red across my cheeks, bridge of my nose, and sometimes the middle of my forehead. It usually isn't raised, nor does it itch, but is hot. Feels like a quick sunburn or flash burn sometimes.

I also get little *itch bumps* for lack of better word, sometimes. Usually only get one or two on my face. Just a little puss pocket bump (looks similar to a fire ant bite), itches, pops & oozes and then scabs and scars with a pit in my skin. These usually come on before the flare hits. Gives me an advance warning to start resting up real fast!

I've been using Thayer's Rose Petal Water Witch Hazel on my face a couple times a day and some hazelnut oil at night, as a moisturizer. It makes my skin feel better and makes me think that I am doing something for it.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I have similar to MamaLaiste flush/or sunburnt look in varying shades of pink/red! It appears on nose especially (look like Rudolf) cheeks forehead and chin. I do also get flush on neck and v-line on chest!

What I want to know is does the Butterfly Rash appear when we do not have flares or is it there when we are flaring?

Love & hugs Lesley

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
For me...the Vee and neck area always look slightly flushed, the face only appears when I am flaring or very very tired or stressed.

Stephanie

·
Registered
26 Posts
the last 24 hours, itchy to stingy and raised like hives, almost like rosacea is supposed to be... b/c of some sun exposure on saturday...

normally, it's flat, and VERY red, spread over my cheeks, nose, and slightly down into my neck... not easy to cover with make up

when i first got sick as a teen, the first rash i had was scaly and scabbed...and they actually said it was a virus in my skin at the time, i also get sores in my scalp sometimes that are sort of like that first face rash

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Mooks, I just recently had my very first"rash". I didn't think it was because it was more blue than anything else, just a little pink in one area.
I was glad that I didn't have to go anywhere, cause it looked llike I had been beaten by a bergular. but someone on the site said she had heard of something called a "blue bite", I googled it and found it. weird???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts