The Lupus Forum banner

When is a cold not a cold?

389 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Fairy 
#1 ·
I've just had rituximab/cyclo/lots of steroids so it's fair to say my immune system is stuffed at the moment. Have had nasty cold/cough combo since Monday (the worst I've had for a very long time - I usually don't get colds etc). When would I know if it's turned into anything nastier? I'm already on prophylactic antibiotics to in theory prevent pneumonia etc, so I'm wondering if there's any point in going to the doctors? I'm at work because I have a ridiculously stubborn streak, but I'm not really doing much - feel guilty about taking more time off though.

Probably should go to the doctors shouldn't I? I just need someone to kick me there...

Cheers :hehe:

My alternative for going to GP/walk-in/wherever is to wait till Tuesday when I've got a clinic appointment with my consultant - should I wait till then? I'm very tempted to!

#2 ·
temp?

Hiya.. I too have been fighting the cough cold combo... great isn't it!! Quite knackered at the moment. coughing all night and quite sore now.. don't think its on the lungs yet!! I think you should go to the GP if you are thinking it is getting the better of you, if you have a temperature or if you are coughing up green stuff...:eek: It is difficult to know when to ride these things out and when to get help, so listen to that body of yours and if you are getting worse and any of the above..or even if you are not sure, get some medical advice, that is what they are there for. :hehe: Keep warm and look after yourself, think mine is starting to clear after ten days...

X Claire

#3 ·
Probably should go to the doctors shouldn't I? I just need someone to kick me there...
:hehe: Here you go! Kiiiiiiickkkkkkkk !

I hope all is well You might be kicking yourself if it turns out you should have gone. Can't be too careful with these powerful drugs.

Good Luck

Hugs
Clare

#4 ·
Thanks ;)

Not sure on the temperature - the building I'm in is overheated, so I'd be boiling with or without one. Will see on that one when I get home... Haven't studied the colour, but I'm coughing up something that tastes nasty (sorry that's probably too much information!). My GP is moronically useless, so I don't think I'll bother him this afternoon - might go to a walk-in tomorrow if it's worse though. It's going to be a thrilling weekend of doing nothing I think... :hehe:

#6 ·
For a normal person 5 days into a cold - most doctors and people would say to wait. But for someone on the drugs you are on with an apparent cold which you've never seen the likes of before in your life... I say go in sooner and you absolutely MUST go in if you have a fever.

Sorry to hear you have to wait due to useless GP. Hope you find someone better in the office tomorrow.

***kick!***

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.