The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THERE HAS BEEN QUITE A FEW NEW MEMBERS SINCE THIS POST WAS LAST DONE, SO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO DO IT AGAIN. WHERE WE CAN ALL SAY A BIT ABOUT OURSELVES AND WHERE WE LIVE...

I AM SHEILA, AGED 41, MARRIED TO WONDERFUL JON, WE HAVE TWO TEENAGERS ONE FLUFFY CAT CALLED LISA AND WE LIVE IN SOUTH ENGLAND(BERKSHIRE) UK...DX WITH LUPUS ETC ETC 14 YEARS AGO....

HUGS SHEILA T

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Good idea, Sheila !
I live in Perth,Western Australia with my Scottish husband Murdo and nine pet rats.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I am one of the wrinklies, enough said ! Born in Newcastle UK living in Surrey and NYC where my husband of 37 years is working. Two grown up kids, one granddaughter.

Diagnosed 30 years ago with "discoid", correctly rediagnosed 4.5 years ago with sub acute cutaneous and got effective treatment at long last.
Now in medicated remission, symptom free.

Clare

[email protected]

Just for Discoid(Cutaneous)Lupus Forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/lesion

·
Registered
48 Posts
My name is Susan and I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA. I live in the desert where it's sunny almost every day and I love it. (I use lots of sunscreen and long sleeve shirts)
I was dx'd with Lupus 5 years ago.

I have 3 grown children (26, 21, 19). I work as an occupational therapist. I have a wonderful boyfriend, Isaac, and plan to marry when he gets out of law school.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hi My name is Linda, i live in cheshie UK, i have two grown up children ,one at home one gone.i'm married of 27yrs, and have a dog.I work part- time as a community support worker in my own town which i really enjoy, but its hard going some days.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I am Stephanie, I currently reside in Florida (USA) however I am a New Yorker through and through.

I am 43, have been happliy married to the best of men, Wayne for just shy of 19 years.

I have two grown step-sons, although I will often refer to them as my boys...They are 28 (a lawyer) and 27 (occupation yet to be determined).

I have two cats Spanky & Darla (my little rascals) anda salt water fish tank with many residents

I was dx with SCLE in June.

Stephanie

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
hello my name is christine,,,,i live on lupie island,,,,its warm but the sunrays dont flare my lupus....i have lots of men servants,and i live on fresh water,fruit fish and chocolate thats not fattning....
i also have a phone thats free so no bills and it means i can speak to my lupie friends all the time for free.....
oh then i woke up !!!!!!

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hi,

I am Karen (the real Karen) :rolleyes:

I'm 43 married to my wonderful husband Richard for 6 years now. I am raising my 10yo stepson, who i usually refer to as my son. Also have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I live in sunny Southern California, USA. I get to enjoy the sun by looking out the window now.

I have SLE, RA, Scleroderma, Raynauds and Fibro thrown in for good measure. I have been sick since 1988 although I enjoyed a wonderful medicine free remission from 1996 till the beginning of 2003.

Karen

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lmao at my dear friend chris.....HEY YOU ONCE SAID TO ME WHATS ?200.00 PHONE BILL BETWEEN FRIENDS...OR WERE YOU DREAMING THAT TOO...LOL
HUGS SHEILA XXX

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi everyone - my name is Chris. I'm 38 and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have had Lupus, Fibro, Reynauds, for 6 years and CNS, heart, lung, brain and kidney complications for about 3 years. I used to be an executive with a major insurance carrier, but have been on disability for 5 years. Fortunately I had great disabililty insurance and have SSD.

I have been divorced for 4 years (hubbie couldn't handle the SLE and all that was involved) and no kids, but I do have a wonderful border collie - Samantha- who is a faithful companion wonderful listener and doesn't talk back! Plus she doesn't care if I have to stay in bed all day! LOL

Its great to be part of this community!

Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi I'm Lynn, I'm 31, I live in Scotland (not much sun here!). I am married to Steven who is my soul mate and we have two gorgeous boys, Andrew (4 and a half) and Luke (10 months). We have 2 goldfish named by my eldest (they are called "Mummy & Andrew"). I am a part-time nurse. I have not yet been diagnosed but we are working on things at the moment. It's nice to hear a bit about you guys.
Christine can I visit you on lupie island for my next holiday?
Luv lynn
xx

·
Registered
193 Posts
Paul here. I live in Southwest Wisconsin (USA). Right now we are getting a taste of winter. We are supposed to get a little snow sometime in the next couple of days. I only get to look at the sun from the inside of the house, although I do try to get out for my daily walk. I wear a sun protective hat and shirt. I've been on disability for 3 years. I have been married to Grace for 31 years. We have 3 children, all married and out on their own!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Glad here. I am 58 years old, and was diagnosed with lupus in Dec. 2002.
I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 40 years this month.
We have 3 grown children and 6 grand kids. Our babies are 2 big happy dogs and one very independant spoiled cat. LOL.
I was born in England, but raised in Canada.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi There
Im Lou 36 from uk (essex)although do sometimes think im in lupie Land lololol Im married nearly 18 yrs (blimy could have been in and out for murder by now lol) no He is my soul bud really!!!!!
Have 3 kiddies one coming up 19 (boy) and 2 girls one 14 and one 17
I have 4 chickens called sage, onion, southern and fryed LOLOLOL
2 rabbits, fish 2 dogs called pippa a beagle and a boxer called Jess who is my baby.
I have SLE. APS, RA, CNS, and a stupid sence of humour lolol
love Lou xxx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
How on earth can I follow that Lou,

My name is Debbie just turned 40 this year, only married 4 months to my true soul mate and best friend, I have two boys aged 14 and 11, two step daughters aged 15 and 17 and one step granddaughter 7 months. oh and I forgot I live in the UK, Norfolk.

I have just been dx with SLE and shrinking lung syndrome.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello
Im Cloey, 24 from Ontario Canada (but am willing to move to lupie island).
I live with one puppy (well shes nearly 2 but still acts like my puppy, She is my 90 lb lap dog) and i also live iwth 3 roomies). Im still in school and work with kids with special needs in a residential program.
I was dx'd in May with SLE, soon after wtih nephitis and sjogrens and have been fighting infection after infection.
Looking forward to the move to lupie island!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi there cloey, remember me barbara from washington who gives you those eyes ?????? i miss talking to you all very much i do not get msn messaenger any more am hoping soon for the chat to be up and running i miss you all very much i will move to lupie land too let me know when the train is leaving ok take care and god bless barbara or babs.......

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Rosemary, from Christchurch, New Zealand. I have Lupus, Raynauds, Sjogrens, Fibromyalgia and few other complaints I do not want either. I am of the mature generation too, have two daughters, the younger is turning 31 in a few days time and three grandchildren.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I am frilly aka Alicia I live in New South Wales Australia.

Born in Cheshire, lived in Aberystwyth, then nr Manchester. We moved to Australia over 30 yrs ago from Hampshire/Surrey Border.

Have 3 grown up all married children with 7 grandchildren, 5 girls, 2 boys.

Have been married 44 yrs (think if mind working properly for once LOL) He was my school boyfriend and is now my Carer and Guardian.

He does everything for me, housework, hanging out washing, bring it in, sorting it out. Shopping is a chore for both of us. I love it he hates it.

We have to make a list and if it is not on it I am not supposed to buy it LOL. It makes for a terrible experience, he just wants to get home as fast as he can. Keep telling him, it only means we have to go again(g

We have ponds in our garden with huge Koi Carp. of many colours. He has to feed and look after them now as I cannot get down steps easily.

I was dxd 2 yrs ago with CNS/V but have had 3 diff. Chemo treatments all have failed. Still on large doses of Pred. which has cause a cracked pelvis and 4 broken ribs.

Fall about like a drunk and then I cannot get up as weight has ballooned so much in last 2 yrs. My man is marvellous thro all of this, only worries that the weight causes more problems for me not that I have balloon, red face and very overweight.

He still hates taking me shopping LOL

If you want to know more just ask LOL''

hugs frilly

PS none of the icons will post sorry

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm Judy.....45 years old and married for 22 with three daughters, 20 (about to be 21), 17, and 14. I live in Northern Virginia in a suburb of Washington, D.C. I was diagnosed with DILE in June but the symptoms continue on so it may be SLE....we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose! Glad to meet you all! :D

1 - 20 of 691 Posts