TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I'm having a rough time at the moment, extreme sun sensitivity, joint swelling and PAIN!!!! hairloss, dry sore eyes....:(well after a fortnight of phoning the hospital helpline, my gp sending urgent faxes, my endless phone calls being passed from one secretary to another...I have finally got my mid june appt brought forward to next Thursday

I know I must put my foot down and get the seriousness of my case across as my current medication is clearly not working and I am desperate :(...but I need some courage giving hugs!!!!

Love Rachel:worried:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Here's plenty of hugs Rachel :grouphug2: :grhug: :hug: ....

Is there anyone "forceful" who knows what everyday life has become like for you that you can take with you? That's often quite good to do. Also I make a list and make sure I go through every point. Rheumies are quite used to people doing this, they don't find it odd in any way.

more hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
rachel, i would say the same try and take someone with you if you can, i do and they open there mouth to, as they live with me and see me.

Also do write as much down as you can, and then give it to them to read
i really hope all goes well for you big big hugsssssss

take care Lin xxxx

·
11,405 Posts
(((Rachel)))

Tell him how a day goes for you, how you are feeling. Taking another person along is a good idea.

Like I tell my kids, "tell the doctor point blank what you are going threw."

Sending lots of hugs. :hug::hug:
Love,
Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Rachel,
You are right you need a hug!!!! It sounds like your current meds are not doing the job and it might be a matter of upping dosages or change one of the current meds you are on. Be firm but willing to listen also, as some of these meds we take have a waiting period before you feel the total affects of them. I am sorry to say that my memory is pretty much gone at the moment so I do not remember all of your problems with meds and with the doctor.

You should spend some time writing down the most important things that you need to say to the doctor so that things move quickly and easily for both of you. He may not be able to address everything at this visit either so that is something to keep in mind. If it is a matter of the doctor not listening to what is going on with you than find a calm way to convey what you need him to know. It might not hurt to cry. That is what made my gp realize that I was not just wanting meds to have them but that there was a real problem. I was at a point that I just could not do it any more and I just started to cry.

I hope that something I said helps you in your much needed up coming appointment with the doctor. I hope that it is a good one and your next post is one of happiness. Feel better soon.

·
4,430 Posts
Hiya.. just wanted to wish you all the best for your appointment, well done for pushing for an earlier one... go girl.... I agree it is good to take somebody with you to help remember all the points and to see it from an outside perspective too.... all the best,
Claire X

·
Registered
279 Posts
Rachel

Gentil air hug Make sure u get the most from your appoinment dont let them rush u take a list of questions start it now if you havent all ready. Well done u persevering u had result

take care

dixy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good luck - everyone here is offering great advice. I think I must be the worst patient in the world, most of the time I just sit there and I'm not very good at asking questions. I always make a list etc, and when I went to the rheumy my partner said he would come in with me, but then I got too embarassed to even ask if that was acceptable.

It is really hard dealing with it all, hope you listen to everyone's advice and carry it out. Hope you get your treatment sorted out soon.

Take care,

(((hugs)))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts