The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
food goes down gets stuck between bust like a house brick wont move?
then when you have a drink even if its 2hrs later, it cause's the food to come back?

yes i have had this on going off and on, right now its bad again, waiting for camera to go back down, they wont do op as yet as they all agree im not well enough, just wandered if anyone got same symtoms....

i half sit up in bed i know all that, i have asmall H -Hernia, that i know from previous camera's down.

would love to hear what you do to try to get that brick feeling out of your chest, if i m making sence which i bet im not

Lin xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
995 Posts
this is my own personal problem and my not be your problem. this happens when I eat anything with gluten, my tracks get inflammed and nothing can move. it comes back up.
right now I am trying different diets and going to see the doctor again soon, this has been going on since I was dx with lupus
if I bend down after eating or drinking it all comes back up, the only thing showed on testing was hernia, which the GI doc said was not to bad.
nothing they could do. I take pills for the inflammation
good luck, keep after the docs to find out the problem. I waited far to many years to get it all sorted out
best wishes

·
11,409 Posts
(((Lin)))

I don't have that problem but I wanted to send you some soft, gentle hugs.:hug: You are going threw so much.:hug:

I have often thought of you wondering how it is going.
Take care of yourself.
Love,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Lin,

Have they set up the appointment for the endoscopy yet?

You might try drinking something warm before eating. Eating smaller meals more frequently might help also. Those things helped me when I was having problems.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sometimes gastroparesis can cause those symptoms as well, and that can't always be detected just from a camera/endoscopy. I've been thinking of you too... and sending many gentle (((hugs))) your way.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there,
this was one of the first symptoms I developed, I had pain when swollowing down and food was getting stuck.

I went to my gp and he said that it was oesophagitis which was related to excess stomach acid which ahd inflamed the oesaphagus causing it swell and cause this discomfort. He put me straight on dailoy antacids and now I ma still on them as the problem does reacur when I am off them and still even on them have difficulty swallowing.

It can be quite a common association of lupus or other lupus related diseases as can be hiatus hernia, or it can poccur by itself.

It's a bit of sa pain that they can't do the procedur for the hiaytus hernia.But I was just wondering if they had tried any antacids on the mean time to help with discomfort?

It might be something worth asking the doc about, maybe there is some reason if you haven't been offered them for that.

I am lucky as I had so much else going on that I haven't had the edoscopy yet.

I wish you all the best as I know that this can be a really uncomfortable issue.

Good Luck

Take Care

Cassie :)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Lin, sorry to hear what you're going thru. I go thru it 4-5 days out of the 7. My gastro surgeon, who I have seen twice,doesn't wan't to see me any more. The 1st time, he tried to strecth my esophagus. 2nd time he tried, my esophagus spasmed
around his instrument and wouldn't let go (it took a little while ). I don't want to be gross, but the list of things that I can eat is short, the rest of the list comes right back up. drink warm water, or warm anything. I didn't expect to rant on and on, so if
I can be of any help of any kind, don't be afraid, that's what I'm here for.(just pm me) I will do my best to help. We are all here to help and support and educate each other. We are nothing without a real true friend to lean on. take small bites.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I've had to have several dialations of my esophagus thru my earlier lupus years. It seemed that it had to be done every 6 months for a few years. Since, I haven't had to do it for over 10 years. When I last saw my gi doc, he was surprised that it has held steady for so long.
One thing I am aware of, most often when I take my meds, if the water I go to take my meds with is really cold, I can have a hard time with spasms in my esophagus. If I use room temp water, no problems.
Sally

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Sorry that you are having to suffer from this problem, I take lansoparazole and that seems to help my problem somewhat. When I have this I tend to stick to soft food, soups, mash potatoes etc , I also find eating small light easy to digest meals helps, as well as drinking water before meals. I hope that you feel better soon.

Deb

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all your input, just cant wait now for the letter, i know i must be bad as i hate the camera down, but right now i dont care.

Drinks makes me vomit more, cold warm doesnt matter, if i eat then even if i leave it 1 or 2 hrs, that starts the food flooding back. grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

werid have had this on going for long time but at times its worse than other times and right now its bad, maybe the meds dont hepl but at least the surgeion his on the case, i do take Nexium 40mg thanks for your help.

Does seem like lots of us have the same problems, its terrible isnt it, my hubby is having to empty the sick bowle 3 times a night, ive jusat fiiled it now after my lunch, problerly becuse ive just had awarm drink too, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr but we have to drink fluids

As i say thanks dear friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLin

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
lin,
I don't have this happening but it sounds just bad. I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon so they can look and see what is going on and maybe fix it for you. Happy Easter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts