The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have sle and many other associated conditions as well as a heart problem which I have noted on various threads.

Last Wednesday I had to go to the drs and she called an ambulance to take me to a&e as she suspected a pe a I had chest pains made worse by lying down flat and bending forward. They admitted me as I have aps and wanted to make sure everything was ok. They finally discharged me on Friday night confirming I had costochondritis and a bad flare of sle (which I knew anyway!!).

I am on clopidogrel 75mg for my aps and plaquinel for the sle 400/200 alternating days.

EVERY time I get chest pains I end up being sent to a&e with a query of a blood clot somewhere and I thought by being on the clopidogrel would stop all this emergency. Needless to say everytime they admit me my body reacts severely to the stess of all the tests and drugs they put into me and now my joints are absolutely screaming at me and I feel horrendous.

The drs at the hospital are going to send St Thomas my blood results and have said I should contact my consultant's secretary as I need to have an emergency appointment with them as they dont think my sle is under control. Im due next at the clinic in Sept 08 and they said this is too far away. Does anyone know the procedure for getting your appointment brought forward as previously my gp has written and got no response?

As you can probably tell from the way Im babbling on, this has really affected me mentally, I cant think straight and am so sick of having this dreadful disease. Why does everything have to be an emergency?!

If anyone has any advice, it would be gratefully recieved.

Hugs to you all (gentle ones!)

Julia x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Julia,
One way with Tommies is to get your GP to fax them. If you ring the usual number one of the options tells you the GP fax no. I have done this before and it works.
Good Luck,
I know what you mean about Emergencies they happen to me too.
One time I went for a pain killing injection and ended up in Resuscitation!
x Lola

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Julia,
U think the hardest part of this entire illness is you never know where it will pop-up... and when a dx is difficult they blame a FLARE! Well, DUH:mad: we could have told them that. It is a day by day learning curve for me,but at least we have each other to vent to.
(((HUGS)))) to you and feel better, remember the stress just makes it all worse, so try real hard t just CHILL8) :wink2:
Denise ; ^ )

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi julia

I'm sorry I haven't got any advice other than agreeing with lola & denise that you should ask your gp to fax st thomas' asap....& to send you big healing hug's :there:

I'm sorry you are going through so much :sad: I hope you feel better very soon.
good luck with your appointment,please keep us updated.
take good care..karen x

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
>Why do I always have medical emergencies????
You have answered your own question when you write
>
I have sle and many other associated conditions as well as a heart problem
Pardon the unoriginal comment but, .... me too. Your condition sounds further along than mine but the answer I guess is that it is called SYSTEMIC Lupus because it attacks different systems.
Right now I am wondering what system it is that gives me what they fashionably call "chronic fatigue".
All blessings.
Douglas+

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Julia,

I have discovered if your consultant rather then GP request appointments you are far better off! My GP even agrees! This may sound silly but are you on anti-depressents? My GP has put me on them and I am still trying to increase the dose but everytime I do I have masive panic attacks with chest pains, shortness of breath and a feeling of inpending death. Very frightening and real!!
I was seeing a group of doctors in Manchester for my Lupus and renal problems. My GP said I was not being followed close enough and refered me to another rheumatologist closer to home so now I see 2. One in a renal clinic and one at my local hospital. When the one in my local hospital orders something I am seen within 2 weeks. When my GP orders something I am still waiting!!! It has been 6 months and still no appointment. I hope this helps!
Stacie

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Julia,

September is too far away even when you are doing relatively well. Keep pushing until you get that appointment moved up. Since I am from the USA I don't have any tips for you but you will be in my thoughts.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts