TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is late Saturday and I've only been out of bed a few hours. I woke up in the night with 100 F fever, and despite drinking agallons of water and taking fever stuff the fever is still there, going up a bit and down a bit just to keep me amused. Nothing specific hurts, just everything. Same old same old.

My husband is out doing weekend things without me. I'm here alternately pouring sweat and shivering. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Of course I get these fevers during the week. Fairly often. But why do I have to have a fever on the weekend? I feel like a kid who breaks out with chickenpox on the first day of summer vacation.

Whiningly,
Sunny

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((((((sunny)))))))))))))

It seems to be Lupus's law :( I hope you can rest up and feel better soon, have you got any chocolate? That helps ;)

sending hugs,

love
Lily

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sunny, i feel exactly the same...i just came on here now because im so upset...i was meant to be going out to this pub band thing with my friends and it was going to be really great but however much i tried to convince myself i was fine...even got dressed up did my hair and make up, as soon as i walked out the door i couldnt deny anymore that i was ill..just so shaky and sick...its so unfair i feel like i miss out on everything...and my bf is working all night so i'll just have to sit on my own again...i can even hear the bands and people laughing from my window! It really does seem that everytime something good is going on i am sick i just hate my stupid body its making me so sad xxxxxx

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's just NOT FAIR!!!!! If it wasn't bad enough that you have to deal with the fatigue at work, at the weekend its even worse. Not wishing to brag but last night i was able to go out to cinema and for a few drinks - i'm telling you this as i can't remember the last time i did that - about 5 months ago i think. It wears you down, but try to keep smiling, and you will thoroughly enjoy your weekend when you're feeling better - cause you know that you definately deserve it xxx

·
Registered
498 Posts
It is bad.I think it's probably because people overdo it during the week and by the weekend your body says,'no,thanks'.I have just finished antibiotics for a UTI and this weekend I have put my back out again, have been having hot flushes and my mouth is full of sores...but it's okay because it's been pouring anyway and hopefully when the better weather comes back we'll all be feeling ok again!:) :hug:to anyone feeling rubbish,
Julsie

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Sunny,

Sorry to hear you are not so sunny. I hope the rest calms things down for you. It just isn't fair that all you get to do are things like cleaning the toilets and not the fun things.

Julsie definitely has a point. During the week I try to get everything done so I have the weekend free to be with my husband. Usually I make it through one day, but rarely both.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts