The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone here used a wig. My hair is extremely thin and I keep it short so that the thinness is not so obvious, however it seems very thin to me and keeps me self-conscious of my hair. Do any of you have this problem of thin hair and have you ever considered a wig? What is it like to wear a wig? any thoughts.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I have considered a wig, especially because like you my very short hair is thinning badly and it is becoming noticeable. I have never worn one but I had a girlfriend who while going through chemotherapy said that the wig she wore was very expensive and hot on the head in the summer. I guess winter time is the best time to wear one if you have to.

I will be curious to see what others have to say about this. Funny you posted this as I was just discussing this with my husband last night. You must have been the fly on my wall huh!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I do have a wig. I had hair loss so severe..I was self conscious also.

It was very hot. I agree that fall and winter would be the right time of year
to wear one.

I really like the wig I bought. It is actually longer than my real hair is now.

Also, after I was on the Cellcept for a while, my hair started growing back in.

I will still wear it when the notion strikes me...only this time for fun time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.