The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Last week I was on 40mg of prednisone for 5 days, from Monday through Friday. Saturday I started having withdrawal from the prednisone. I am in a major Fibromyalgia flare. Has anyone else ever reacted like this to short run of prednisone?? I have been on prednisone before, many times. This was the 3 round this year. Each round a different number of days and some dosage difference. I had forgotten how bad Fibromyalgia pain can be. I remembered it was terrible but you forget when time has passed.

Karen

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

I am slowly recovering from the withdrawal. I didn't get any explanation from my rheumy about it our email and phone convo but I plan to ask at my next appointment when there is more time for questions.

Salopsally I would expect withdrawals if I was on prednisone longer than 10-12 days but this was only 5 days. In the past when I have been on prednisone long term I have to drop .5mg increments once I get to 10mg. I do this by doing alternate day dosing. 10mg one day and 9mg the next until time for the next drop. It is the only way I can get off of long term prednisone and even then it can be murder at times.

thanks,
Karen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.