The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading up on lupus and they say that some of the criteria for diagnosing are behavioral problems. I was wondering if anyone here who has a lupus diagnosis ever had a problem with obsessive compulsive disorder? I am only asking because I am slowing showing more and more symptoms of lupus, and I think that is where my doctor is headed....but something just clicked with me today. A while back, I started to act a little strange. I had this sudden fear of germs. I never was like that all my life. Just one day, I started to have this fear. It got really bad, but one day I realized how crazy it was... and taught myself to stop it. I fight it every day. Only my immediate family knows about this. I was wondering, if my doctor should know about this? I live normally now. But ever now and then I have to talk myself into relaxing when I am in certain situations and surprisingly I am getting over it. But it was so sudden, and so uncharacteristic of me.

Had anyone had any development of an obsessive compulsive disorder when they were not diagnosed?? :blush: :blush:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I appreciate every one's response! I have to admit, that it is not a problem any more. I was just thinking of it this weekend and thought it was funny how it suddenly came, was intense, then just like that I was able to walk away from it. I think it was more a phobia than ocd. But it was bad at one point.

It didn't last long... around three years, so I don't really think about it much. I guess that is why I forgot all about it until it just popped into my head this weekend. I thought maybe it was caused by something. Maybe not. Might have been just a growing phase too... a weird one though. lol:lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.