TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been planning on going to Vancouver to stay with a close friend for years - she pointed out the other day that I have been promising to come for 10 years :yes:

So, I got of my big butt and got myself down to the travel agent and booked a ticket - :thumbs:

It was crazy, I was sitting in a queue at the travel agent on an incredibly rainy day thinking why the heck didn't I just book on line, it would have been much easier.

Well I am really used to booking tickets to Australia online (only a couple of hours away) but my head just hadn't computed that I could have just booked online to Vancouver! Never mind, the price was the same, silly me :p :p

I'm going to Vancouver, I'm going to Vancouver - oh, did I mention, I'm going to Vancouver ?

14 hour flight but at least there is only one of them - I flew direct to UK 3 years ago, and that was two 12 hour flights back to back, so this one sounds a LOT better than that.

I'm going to Vancouver ..........

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Raglet

·
Registered
391 Posts
Way to go, Raglet!!! It's amazing how rejuvenating it can be to look forward to a trip.

I hope you have a fantastic time visiting your friend.

Which Vancouver, by the way? I'll be in Vancouver, BC on June 23 following an Alaska cruise.

Terri

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Wow, great idea!!! We should do a lot more of that kind of thing. I hope you have a really good time :) you deserve a whole load of fun.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Good for you raglet!!!! :woohoo: :yahoo: :cloud9:

hope you have a lovely time...it will do you the world of good!

don't think much of your aeroplane though raglet, it looks a bit small to me :lol: :hehe:

take care.. luv karen x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Can I just start off by saying that I am NOT HAPPY!!!! :mad:

Only because I've been planning on going to Vancouver to visit my Grandad's 84 year old brother for years!

Terri - I'm not happy with you either as we were talking about combining it with the Alaska cruise.;) Some of my uncle's family have done this while they were over and raved about it. I hope you have a great trip and tell us all about it....with pics! :hug:

Now you've done booked it Raglet I have no excuse. :lol: Hubby and I are amazed that my uncle comes over to the UK every single August and sometimes for Christmas too. We have been promising to visit him for as long but the thought of the long haul flight fills me with dread. We would have to do it in 2 stages I think. Although as I recently experienced, pain meds can get you through any flight LOL. :rotfl:I think I have to wait till I am feeling much better though.

Will that throw you about 9 hours ahead of time? So when are you off and for how long for? - I hope you have a truly wonderful time and come back and tell us all about it.

Hugz,

The green eyed monster AKA Pam x

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:woohoo: Raglet!

I'm envious that you are going now, a friend and I have a 2 or 3 year plan and have our sights set on Canada & Alaska, I need to save up :lol: I want to hear all about it when you get back :p

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Raglet,

Have a wonderful time on your trip!:)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had no idea there was more than one Vancouver - definitely the BC one. I am SSSSOOO buzzing about this - gotta go check my passport hasn't done the disappearing act on me - I am sure it hasn't, but I haven't actually seen it since I went to Sydney last year.

I'm going to Vancouver, I'm going to Vancouver .........................

cheers

Raglet

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I think someone is going to Vancouver lol ,,you have a wonderful time, im sure you will.

Lin xx:)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Raglet, I heard you were maybe planning a trip???? Where are you going??:lol::rotfl::wink2:

Have a great time!
Love,
Sunny

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Raglet,

When do you leave? We had planned to go before our cruise last year but decided to make it a separate trip. There is just so much to see that two days wouldn't do it justice. I am excited for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
580 Posts
you are going to vancouver! you are going to vancouver! you are going to vancouver! lol Raglet.

Have a wonderful time with your friend!

:bigsmile: :cheer2: :dancing: :spin: :excited:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts