TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest child, Bradie, has to go for some blood tests on friday. She has had tummy problems for months now and the doctor is sending her for a celiac test. she also suffers from raynards and has been complaining about pains in her knees and elbows, as well as a lack of energy and weight loss. Because of the family history the pediatrician has also decided to test her ana, dna and other blood tests, just in case.
The dr's were very reasuring and Braids is being so brave about the whole blood test thing. In fact the only one worrying about it is me :lol:
I am so nervous I feel sick :worried:

Elle x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Elle,

You must be understandably worried :( It's good that the doctors are taking it seriously whatever is wrong.

I hope that you get some answers soon.

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'll be thinking of you and her on Friday, hoping for the best. Sorry to hear she's been having such problems... may you get some definitive answers and help soon. How old is she again?

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Elle,

I understand at how worried you are. :hug:
I will be thinking of you and Bradie on Friday.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Elle,
Should your daughter be found to have celiac disease, I can help with recipes. I've been celiac for over 35 years. In that time, I have accumulated a LARGE source of recipes.
Good luck to all on Friday.
Sally

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,
Thanks for the support. I'm feeling much better now i have slept :).
I am so relieved that they are taking it serously and testing for everything. I just hope they get to the bottom of it soon.
Maia, She is six going on 26 :hehe: She is being so brave, she wants to be a doctor so I think she is just looking forward to seeing how things are done :lol:.

hugs to all
Elle x

·
Registered
869 Posts
I hope all goes well Friday, and that the results come back in a way that provides definite answers so your little one can start feeling better soon:).

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Wishing good results with the appointment
Sheila x :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies and best wishes.
Bradie was very very brave, even though it took them a long time to get enough blood out. She didn't even have one tear.
Then, when they had finished, she got of the bed and went as white as a sheet :sad:. so she had to lie down for a bit, but it wasn't long before she was back to her normal chatty self:).
If anything shows up they are going to contact me, if not then we are back at the pediatricians in 3 months for more tests.

hugs
Elle x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts