The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know where I should post this, but... my brother & I talk alot about my lupus & related stuff...anyways, lot of the time when I say something like "this is bothering me or I have problems with this..." He says I've had that too. He saw a dr. once who didn't do any tests, but told him that lupus usually doesn't run in siblings & besides he's male so don't worry about it, chances are slim. I disagree & want him to see someone else & get ana tests ^& stuff. any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I would definitely encourage him to see another doctor. Maybe you can go with him as well as its often difficult to make that move especially when you have been 'knocked back' before.

Get him to start making a list of his symptoms. Any doctor worth their salt should agree to run a basic blood and urine tests if his symptoms are suggesting autoimmune problems.

If he still has the same doctor as before, either seek out a new one or go back and ask for further investigations into his symptoms. At the very least a full blood count and ANA test should be run as well as any other tests the doctor might think would be useful in trying to get to the bottom of things for him.

I hope you can convince him to seek further investigation. Let us know how he gets on and good luck!

Take care for now
Joan:rose:

·
11,410 Posts
I hope your brother will go to another doctor. That first one didn't know much about lupus.:mad:

Please tell you brother that siblings can have lupus. My brother has sle like me. We talk often and he understands where I am coming from and I understand what he is saying.

I did a thread on family members having lupus. Here it is if you want to read it.

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49384

Please keep us informed on how it is going for the two of you.
Take care,

Lyn

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have an Aunt with Lupus. Not only that, but her's is non-organ involved just like mine. I think it can definitely run in families.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts