The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be a bit preoccupied with food at the moment so I was pondering on what I ate as a child.Just out of curiosity,I was wondering what the worst food anyone was made to eat as a child?I remember my mum serving up heart and stuffing ,aaccckkk!or maybe I'm just a wuss!?
Julsie

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
worst food

hi julsie well mine was liver my dad was the kind of man that what was put down on your plate you had to eat it.Well now i cant touch it or look at it i am the same with veg i hate them aswell my hubby loves liver but he only gets it if somebody else will cook it i am the worst eater that you could ever cook for my hubby now tells every body that his best friend is the micrwave he calls it ding:lol: :lol: elisabeth

·
Registered
521 Posts
Liver and brussel sprouts. No matter how you cook liver with gravy and onions, anyway you make it i can't eat it. It s dry and nasty.

·
Registered
553 Posts
OMG mine was pea and ham soup. Dad is usually a great cook (makes great current cake and Goosnargh shortbreads) but when I was a wee slip of a lass he made this pea and ham soup.. Well it was disgusting.. I admit I will eat most things but that just made me want to vom.... :sick: (SORRY DAD). I remember he sent me too my room cos I wouldn't eat it :tears:

Claire

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Tripe...and it was with onions...no wonder how mum desguised it and told me it was good for me !!! i wouldnt let it touch my lips....

oh she use to boil pigs trotters !!!!not to eat but for the goodness for stews etc...

lol i can see my kids face now if i served them tripe and onions ...but then as my kids say i was a child in the "Black and White" TV days !!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
For me it was my tea.

We were not allowed to waste food, but i did not like my meal.

After sitting in the kitchen all alone for ages and ages I have a brain wave.

I tipped my cup of tea ) complete with all the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup all over my meal, then yelled to my mum i 'd had an accident and spilt my tea all over my food.

So she made me eat it.

Then i vomited.

We both learned a valuable lesson.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My dad used to like to think he was in charge of everything,:lol: one day we had for supper scalaped potatoes (cheesy), I was a very picky eater, I used to not eat the food if it touched another kind of food on the plate :eek: or if the juice ran into the meat etc., so I took an instant disliking to those potatoes and said I didn't like them. He said you haven't tasted them and you had better eat them all. I waited and of course the food got colder and colder, and I still didn't eat them. Well, he finally put his foot down and said you had better eat those NOW. I said I'll be sick, he said no you won't. So, I ate the potatoes, and then ran to the bathroom and threw them up. In my child's mind I won, those nasty potatoes were not in my stomach and I beat my dad at that game. After that he gave up trying to get me to eat stuff.:hehe: But you want to know something weird? I mean really weird? Promise you won't laugh? I used to go over to the neighbor's house, they were an older couple who had known me ever since I was a baby, they used to feed me my favorite treat when I came over around supper time, can you guess? It was liver and onions!:hehe: They always told me later on that I ate them up like they were candy! BUt, really the nastiest thing I ever ate was cold, mushy brussel sprouts. EWWWWW. Karly Hope you don't think any less of me for the liver and onions:wink2:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was thinking about the neices, we took Hannah to a cafeteria when she was bout two and got her a chicken leg and mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. She refused to eat the chicken leg because it was not chicken, she refused, it was not chicken. (she at that time was fixated with chicken nuggets from Wendy's fast food, so if it was not round and fried it was not chicken, and the thought of her eating a bird's leg was too much for her) Now thankfully we are all making a concerted effort to get the girls to eat more veggies and fruit etc. and far less candy, it is working thankfully. Karly

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember eating liver and onions,not too bad,but tough as old boots!
I think brussel sprouts are getting a bad press here!:hehe: they're great!
Christine,tripe!yeeuck!so glad I never had to eat that.I also remember having orange goolash at primary school and tough stringy green beans which got stuck in your throat,but the dinner ladies used to stand over you to make sure you ate it!the puddings made up for it though!
I had rabbit too and kidneys served up on their own,maybe I'm just picky!can imagine my kids eating that though,not!
Julsie

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree Julsie... Sprouts are yummy, like them raw too, in fact I like most of my veggies raw! How sad am I

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi julsie

I am also a fan of brussell sprouts!they are my favourite vegetable :) honestly!!

my worst childhood food would have to be chicken soup.my mum forced me to eat it,it was the tinned variety & I vomited afterwards!!..I never ate it again until a few years ago when I made my own with barley & veg..I love it now :rolleyes:

I also remember having to eat hearts,liver & the worse one was belly pork!yuck!..thank goodness times have changed :)

great thread julsie!
karen x

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Ox Tongue.... :sick::scaredy::afraid:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
11,410 Posts
For me it was beets.:sick: I couldn't stand the smell when they were cooking, or when they were on the table ready for a meal. To this very day I can not stand them.:sick:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Those "augratin potatos" you make from a box...."All Rotten" I say:lol: and the infamous canned,bland, disgusting, probably tastes worse than the can it comes in Veg-ALL! :eek: gag

·
Registered
995 Posts
mine would have to be canned stew at a friends house. it looked and tasted like dog food. I had never had anything out of a can before.( about 10 years old) of course I had to eat it. double yuck. I would never make anyone eat that, even a dog :rotfl:

·
Registered
154 Posts
As long as it wasn't once another creatures internal organs (tried and gagged!) I'll eat anything or at least try it once.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
The worse foods that I wouldn't eat were lima beans, carrots, meat, brains, intestines, male anatomy of animals. My growing up years, my parents didn't try anything really new unless it was a new hamburger or tuna helper. That stuff is ewwww as wel.

Nowadays, I eat carrots but I refuse to eat the other stuff. I do eat alot of other things and expose my kids to a variety of different foods and recipes. I absolutely love to cook and am in the process of writing a cookbook. Surprisingly my kids are very great guinea pigs. They know the rules are: if I don't eat it, I will not make them eat it. We all eat alot of fruit and that includes alot of the non-traditional fruit as well. Another good thing, my kids LOVE to eat fruit for snacks as opposed to candy and chips!

Nancy

·
Registered
157 Posts
LIVER! Yuck! And I was severely anemic as a child and the doc always told my mom to feed me liver! So I hated it all the more...:(

That is the only "organ" I have been exposed to. I am thinking I would not want to try brain, heart, testicles, etc. GROSS!!

I love just about everything else. All veggies, even tofu it it is cooked right.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My mother use to force me to eat bananas everyday and would even mash them up and make me eat them. So now I will not touch a banana or go near one.

JEN

1 - 20 of 20 Posts