TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people, hope all is well.

I woke up thismorning with the worst headache i have ever had. it was all over my head not just in one area and i felt sick and the pain was soooo intense i thought i was going to have to go to hospital, especially as ive had a stiff neck for no reason since yesterday! needless to say stayed in bed..took 4 500mg paracetamol and after two hours in excruciating pain i managed to fall asleep and ive just woken up and its afternoon now and its just back to normal lupus style mild ache ive had for the past two weeks..hope it doesnt come back when paracetemol wears off!! has anyone ever had anything like this? xxxxxxxx

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Yes and only a few days ago! I took paracetamol and had a lavendar heat pad on my head (so attractive..!). I also listened to some music to keep my mind off it and it went within a few hours - i woke up the next day with the same thing but the day after that i was ok. Might be a bug going around rather than lupus? There's lots of icky stuff out there at the moment.
Hope you feel better! x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Mooks,

Glad your feeling better. YES, I have dealt with horrific migraines since 2003 when I fell at work and hit my head going down.

I did have headaches before this but nothing like they are now. The older I get the worse they get. I have gone to the ER for a shot when my migraine medicine has decided not to work.

There is nothing worse then a migraine from ****. I sure hope you continue feeling better. I also used to notice they would get worse before my monthly. Thank God I no longer deal with that.

Keep your chin up and hugs going out to you.;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, sorry to here your having such bad headaches. I also have had them all summer, they let up a little but just returned about two days ago. The doctors put me on fioricet and that seems to help, also being in complete darkness, under the covers.

Hope you feel better
shorty67

·
Registered
251 Posts
Must be something going around, I had that headache yesterday. I work full time as an educational advocate in the US and sometimes wonder if the tension from the week just waits to explode on the weekend.

For the fun of it check out the Weather Channel
http://www.weather.com/

Put in your town and then click on healthy living. They have a catagory called aches and pains. Depending on the barometer, the aches and pains goes up and down.
Joanne

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Mooks,
I went through about a year of headaches that were really bad about ten years ago.They were real 'head-clutching'headaches and I dropped out of college for a while.They seemed to be triggered by sex.......don't do that anymore!!!:lol: and I don't know if this was a coincidence,but my prolactin was sky high at the time too.I was given Tramadol which was good for me but know a lot of people can't tolerate it.Please never think it's a lupie thing and get it checked out if it carries on,2000mg paracetamol...not good!
JulsieX

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
(((((((((((((mooks)))))))))))))) keep a diary of these hugs Lin xxxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts