The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out last week I have SLE haveing a hard time accepting it, as I didn't know much about it. But anyways so glad to find this site!!!!

·
Administrator
10,178 Posts
Hi Skywatcher,

Welcome to the site. It is a great place to find information about Lupus. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. The members are more than willing to help if they can.

Dealing with your emotions once you get a diagnosis of Lupus can be difficult. It is a relief to finally have a name for all those symptoms, but then you are also worried about the future. Your emotions will be like a yo yo for a little while. I suggest you just take one day at a time for right now.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Sky Watcher and welcome to the boards.

I am sorry about your diagnosis but you have found a great place to get support and gain knowledge of Lupus. The people on this board are friendly, knowledgeable and commpassionate too.

Like Lolo said, initially the emotions are like a yo-yo but that will calm down as you gain knowledge of Lupus.

A must have book for newly diagnosed folks is "The Lupus Book" by Dr. Daniel Wallace. I highly recommend you buy this book as it is written in layman terms and is so easy to understand. It will become your Bible so to speak.

I hope to get to know you better. Have you been started on any medicine and I assume your being treated by a Rheumatologist? I do hope you get on the road to feeling better very soon.

Come join us in the chat room sometime. Chat again soon and take good care of yourself.:wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Skywatcher and welcome :)

I'm sure it is quite a shock to find that you suddenly have SLE especially with stage three nephritis! :eek:

It will take a while for both you and you wife to get your head around. The important thing is to remember that it will get a lot better than now with treatment.

As people mentioned on your other post your wife is welcome to also register here if she would like access to some support and advice. I would say though that you both need to have separate screen names, otherwise it would lead to confusion and certainly doesn't work in chat if ever you go there.

And don't worry, we do have other men on here :) It may only be one man in ten but that's ten in a hundred....

Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
skywatcher,
I know it is shocking news that you have gotten and it will take time to adjust, hang in there and we are here. Thank you for the private message and if you ever need me for anything just use it again. We are here for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts