The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on prednisone for many years. Each time I have a flare, my prednisone gets increased and my face puffs up. When I'm in remission, my face shrinks and all the wringles and lines show up. When my face puffs up, I have no wrinkles. What kind of face cream should I use for when my face shrinks to hide the wrinkles. I look so much older when I am on low doage of prednisone.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
the extra puffiness just plumps out your wrinkles so you can't see them. Same principle as using botox, which plumps out the wrinkles.

When people loose weight they often acquire more wrinkles as they were previously plumped out by fat. this is not a lupus thing, it happens to everyone whose body shape changes whether it is from prednisone puffiness or fat.

I don't think there is a cream that really hides the wrinkles, although good skin care regime always helps.

hth

raglet

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi JWP

If you find anything, let me know will ya?

I must have been on the back row when they gave out face skin. When I was young I looked tooo young to go in pubs, but at only 44 I now look like I am 54 ... or older.

I think it's all the laughing and smiling I've done in my life, but I think it's a tad unfair to look like a cracked pot!

I find a long fringe helpful, and rosy cheeks from being outside look better than make-up that likes to creep into cracks and show them up good and proper. Hmmm - could that be why my skins beggared??

I suppose we should be glad of our lines - at least it means we've lived a bit. Imagine looking like poor Joan Rivers or other older stars that can't even move their faces anymore - what a state to get into over a bit of skin. Heartbreaking really.

Even so - I might be tempeted to a creamy cure!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Please talk to your rheumy before using any products , I am asian with a round face they said I don't look my age but being 28 now wrinkles starts to appear, I had been using SKII which is very popular in Asia its like water and contained some yeast I swears by it as it made my scars go away.BUT this is my experience , i think you really need to get the ingredients of a product and speak to your doctor before making any purchase.Take care xoxo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts