The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

I hope you are all coping today.

I have had some new symptoms just lately, i've been struggling with pain in my wrists sometimes its a cold feeling that shoots up my arm when i move it in certain ways and then other times it plainly hurts.

Also i've had really bad stiffness in my fingers and they are hot to touch and red and really sore?!

as anyone any ideas??!

PLEASE HELp

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That cold feeling that shoots up your arm is quite likely nerve pain. You could be having a flare up (as evidenced by the red swollen fingers) and the swelling is causing nerve compression/pain in your wrist or even in other locations in your arm.

If this lasts more than a week, then I'd be sure to contact your rheumatologist and ask for something to help in the short term, or see if your medications need to be changed in any way to better control the pain/symptoms. A quick burst of prednisone may really help, some medication to treat the nerve pain, or better NSAID. If the lupus is causing the wrists to get carpal tunnel... then wrist splints at night and during the day while on computer can help a lot too.

There's definitely a lot that can be done to get you feeling better - feel free to contant your doctor(s) and get some help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Donna Marie,

I agree with Maia to give your doc a ring. Usually heat and redness indicate something inflammatory is definitely going on. Getting it resolved quickly can prevent it from getting worse.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Sharon

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Donna, I do hope that you are writing this down on your list to give to the dr. Write every little thing and let him put it in you're file, as he can't remember from visit to visit. I was put on the wrist splints, my dr. saidthat it wasn't actually carpel tunnel sysn. but the inflamation from the lupus was causing the same effect, and yes, it does hurt. I do hope you feel better soon. Try the splints, but they are hot but they help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts