The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hope you as well as can be.

I have a question, does anyone else have a yellow tinge to their face, I noticed yellow tinge on my face when having a wash this morning.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I'm presuming you are not taking mepacrine (quinacrine)? That can cause a yellow tinge to the skin.

Katharine

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I would get this checked out by your doctor. I had this once because my bilirubin levels were raised. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses.

Katherine you are correct I not taking mepacrine (quinacrine).

Debs I have telephoned my GP's Surgery and awaiting a call back.

Once again thanks for your replies. I will of course keep you posted thanks or your concern.

Take care

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My usual GP on holiday, cant get in for a blood test till next Tuesday..not a happy bunny!!!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, a urine dipstick test can show if your bilirubin levels are raised. Can you ask for a urine test in the meantime? Just a thought.

Deb

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya,, I think deb has suggested correctly that a urine check and probably a blood test to check all is ok is quite important, just to ensure your body is coping as well as it can... a nurse can usually do this, but sometimes only on a Drs order..depending on your surgery, perhaps you could pop in and see another doctor if yours is away for a while... is your skin itchy too?.. take care, Claire XX

·
11,410 Posts
I would seek medical attention before next Tuesday.
Is there some way you can see another doctor to get this sorted out quickly?

Let us know how you are doing.

Love.
Lyn

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi,

It is important to get a blood test before next week (especialliy as the resutls will take longer)!

Have you explained to the receptionist what the problem is and/or perhaps asked for a GP phone consultation. In instances like this its best just to speak or see any GP within the surgery not just your allocated one!

I had emergency bloods taken at my GP surgery by Nurse. The GP just told her they needed done and could not wait for an appt. The nurse was not happy as it was not precedure, but rules can be broken for emergencies!

Let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi many thanks for your replies.

When hubby got home he went slightly mad, ended up at A&E had to explain to receptionist what SLE was waited for 5 hours they only took blood, no urine test.

Doctor said he cold see my rash was highly visible and suggested that I was having a flare (why didn't do a urine test I don't know must admit I never even thought to demand one).

Thanks you all once again for your replies and wishing you all the best and take care.

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya.. glad you got your bloods done, pity about the wait though!!. I get urinalysis strips from the pharmacy and do my own every two weeks.. they are expensive to buy but very helpful when in the situation you are in.. it may be worth popping into your chemist, get a urine pot and pop it into your surgery for the nurse to test.. quite common practice in my surgery. Hope you feel better soon.XX

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Claire...never thought to ask at chemists many thanks for that suggestion..will contact chemists.

Take care and hope your are well....hope everyone else well.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Glad you got your bloods done, although its a shame it had to come to A + E to get them done!!!! Hope the results are okay.

Deb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.