1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I've registered. It is no hardship for me as they can take it at my Path Lab when I go for routine bloods. Thanks for pointing it out.
x Lola

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its easy for us considering we have so much blood taken all the time..whats one more vial lol! xxx

·
4,435 Posts
definitely

Hiya... I am going to e mail them, not sure if they want me being MCTD but I would definitely help them with their research if they want me!!
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
XClaire

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hate giving blood

but have signed up also.:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well done guys!! i managed to get my mum, dad and two sisters to donate blood too!! woop!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
the link failed for me...
maybe im tired and a bit stupid tonight.

Could you post the email address in here mooks please.

Im having brain drain:)

Nicky

·
4,435 Posts
email link

Hiya, yes it failed for me too, but have tried again using just one of the addresses rather than the whole one as it seems to be two people on the one address line!! Will let you know if it fails again!!:(

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks Claire...its not just me then:blush:

I tried all sorts of things, separating them etc but nothing worked,

Let me know thanks
Nicky

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey...its still working for me but hmmm..very weird!!!

heres the contact details anyway:

Please contact:

Tim Vyse / Andrew Wong

Telephone 020 8383 2337 (Please leave a message on the voice mail if there is no reply)

Facsimile 020 83838 2379

Email [email protected]
or
[email protected]

xxxxxxxxxxx

·
4,435 Posts
I worked.. yippee

Ha, I was right (for once!!) the email did send when I only typed in the one person, so Nicky, your turn to try it!! I will await their reply now, hope you make contact ok ...;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gosh! I knew the name Tim Vyse rang a bell for me...myself and my family did actually give blood for this research in the late 90's when I was first diagnosed.
I had a web link which I used to look at regularly for news but eventually changed my PC and lost it and subsequently forgot all about it.
That's fantastic to hear it's still going.
If I recall correctly it was simple procedure; blood collection tubes were sent to me, I distributed them to nearest & dearest and the nurse at the Docs did the deed for me.
Isn't it satisfying to know that we can make such a worthy contribution and have our family really feel like they're doing something to help too?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I feel a Bart Simpson Doh uh Duh:rolleyes: expressioin coming on.

Ive done it and its sent thanks all, but Im sure I did that or some of that in the first place.

Better keep off the alcholol before I give any of my 'claret' to research...think mines more merlot.:p

Really looking forward to being part of something stabbing in the right direction.

Nicky
P.S. xclariex maybe my subconscious was making me get it wrong because of the needle phobia:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts